Expected 22 LR accuracy 🤷‍♂️

I like to aim for holding 1 moa or less out too 200 yards. Not always the case but it's what we go for. Meaning 1/2" or better at 50 and is normally the case. 1" or better at 100, starts to be come the challenge playing with wind but still totally possible, 2" at 200 and as long as I do my part and read environmentals properly I can keep this true. I regularly shoot to 300 but haven't mastered that. Lots of great groups but not something I can generally repeat.

View attachment 284223View attachment 284224View attachment 284225View attachment 284226View attachment 284227

the two at the bottom at at 50 yards
Mighty fine shooting for sure by all, as long as I can hit fur I'm good even out to 100 yards, check this shot out. All dropped with a 22 at 100, and 110 yards head shots only a walk in the park stick shows entrance, and I guess one took a CCI Velocitor between the his eyes, off by a hair only.All were shot over bait.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 77
  • 22c1.jpg
    22c1.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 22c2.jpg
    22c2.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 22c3.jpg
    22c3.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 72
Mighty fine shooting for sure by all, as long as I can hit fur I'm good even out to 100 yards, check this shot out. All dropped with a 22 at 100, and 110 yards head shots only a walk in the park stick shows entrance, and I guess one took a CCI Velocitor between the his eyes, off by a hair only.All were shot over bait.
Nothing wrong with that at all!! I've never taken a coyote with a 22 but I saw my neighbour grab his rifle and pop a shot off which dropped a coyote at 115 yards that snuck up and stole on of his chickens. Not something we hunt with but works well around the house and he got **** lucky with the shot on a speed walking yote with a chicken in its mouth

Nothing wrong with that at all!! I've never taken a coyote with a 22 but I saw my neighbour grab his rifle and pop a shot off which dropped a coyote at 115 yards that snuck up and stole on of his chickens. Not something we hunt with but works well around the house and he got **** lucky with the shot on a speed walking yote with a chicken in its mouth
I will only take a head shot on a coyote with a 22, however one or two were shot in the lungs but recovered within 50 yards, reason why I have a 6x18 scope on 22 Tikka. Lung shot can run this one left a pretty good trail but made it 50 yards into thick brush.

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 3b.jpg
    3b.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 4b.jpg
    4b.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 5b.jpg
    5b.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 6b.jpg
    6b.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I have a Weatherby MKXXII .22 LR with a Leupold 6.5-20x50mm gold ring and Talley rings and mounts on it, that likes shooting pretty much anything I put into it... it's just not that ammo sensitive, with that said, I think the .22 LR it shoots the best is GECO 40gr match for some reason it just loves it, with, dime-size groups at 50 yards.

Weatherby XXII 1.jpg

I have a Weatherby MKXXII .22 LR with a Leupold 6.5-20x50mm gold ring and Talley rings and mounts on it, that likes shooting pretty much anything I put into it... it's just not that ammo sensitive, with that said, I think the .22 LR it shoots the best is GECO 40gr match for some reason it just loves it, with, dime-size groups at 50 yards.

View attachment 284243
i presume you know that your Weatherby is made by Anschutz with their 64 action and Anschutz match chambered barrel so kind of explains why it shoots so well. All 22s are ammo sensitive to a degree, the better built ones are just less so.

Just getting into the 22 long range game also. Bought a Bergara B-14R and threw a Vortex Viper PST 4-16 scope on it. Haven't even had a chance to sight it in yet but excited to get going on it.
You're gonna love that rifle! Try Federal GMM HV, Auto Match, and Aguila HV 38 grain hp or 40 grain rn. Mine does 3/4 minute give or take with any of those; I think the Aguila 40 rn might edge the rest, but am using it sparingly (only have a brick), so I can't say for sure.
I put mine in a Grayboe Terrain stock off my 6.5 Creed Bergara Wilderness Terrain (they share stocks, depending on current use). I highly suggest this choice; it feels amazing, handles great, and shoots just as accurately out of that stock! This has handedly become my favorite rifle and is extremely capable at just past a quarter mile (furthest I've tried it, just messing around on roughly 4" steels), with almost no effort.
Best Regards and God Bless, Col

Dang! You guys are getting great results from rimfire.
Here is selection of different rimfire I shot from my Winchester 52B @50 yds. It's a great example of finding what it likes.
My H&R Model 12 is more accurate but it currently has globe sights on it.
Aguila Super X Hi Vel and CCI Blazer work well in that rifle.
WARDOG
Federal makes that match (FGMM) in a HV loading. I'd bet a dollar to a dime, that will just about replicate your Aguila HV group, there.

i presume you know that your Weatherby is made by Anschutz with their 64 action and Anschutz match chambered barrel so kind of explains why it shoots so well. All 22s are ammo sensitive to a degree, the better built ones are just less so.
Dean2
Never truer words spoken, Sir!

My Ruger Precision only has about 500 down the tube,but the groups seem to be getting smaller. Wasn't real impressed at first,but starting to get really attached to that cost effective little gun.
We are about out of 22s. Have a 70 year Savage Pump, but it hangs on the wall. Sold all the ones we refurbished (charged almost lee that materials-should have kept the). The TC Classic semi auto that's in NEW condition. Shoots Remington YellowJackets 40gr hollow points in one hole @50. I saved up 8 bricks before they became unobtainable. Have a Votquartsen Custom with a thumbhole stock in 17HMR. Shoots GREAT for squirrels, coons, armadillos bobcat. Its our 'Go to rifle" for varmints around the house. Got 8 bricks of 40 gr XPT
A bunch of my PRS friends all got 22 LR for mini matches to save on shooting Berger 105 Hybrids. I am thinking about building one. Get a good barrel, Action, trigger, chassis and scope. I don't know how cost effective with $3K in a rim fire rifle But I guess that you can shoot thousands of rounds and not worry about burning out the barrel.