Exercise for arthritic knees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my right knee scoped 14 months ago, doing well. But last fall in Montana I couldn't walk as far or fast as I used to. Both 62 year old knees have significant arthritis.

What is an exercise that would reduce arthritic discomfort associated with extended hiking up and down.

In addition to the exercise you might consider flax oil. I used to have issues with my hands to the point that I could hardly hold a golf club. Years ago I came across a bulletin touting the benefits. Worked wonders for me. my hands are like nothing was ever wrong with them.

I get mine from Swanson's Vitamins. SWE002 Flaxseed Oil (OmegaTru) 3 gel caps around lunchtime. 2 later in the evening.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/

Right now dealing with spinal stenosis and sciatica. Diagnosed with osteoarthritis, but I don't recall a firm diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. Saying that you have the rheumatoid version is a good way to get bypassed or penalized for Medicare supplement insurance.

Last edited:
I'm telling you this from experience not hearsay.
I used to wake up after 1 hour or 2 to get up and walk for the pain to ease up even with an elevated knee pillow.
I told the doctor to cut the leg off at the knee and I'll get a prostatic leg as it couldn't hurt more.More shots in the knee is what I got.
An old lady customer at a health store here in Helena saw me limping and in pain and asked if I ever tried Boron.
Turns out in countries where Boron is still in the soil they have very few arthritic knees.
I take Boron once a day and after about a week I found myself sleeping through the night for the first time in years.
On days where I do too much I take one in the morning and one at night and have not seen that knee doctor for 4 years now.
It's cheap and the Now brand is what I use.
It takes about a week to get into your system so give it time.
Look on the internet and see stories where people use and love it.
I too have heard Krill oil works but again you have to use for awhile before you see it working.
I'm not a salesman just a user.
Old Rooster

I'm telling you this from experience not hearsay.
I used to wake up after 1 hour or 2 to get up and walk for the pain to ease up even with an elevated knee pillow.
I told the doctor to cut the leg off at the knee and I'll get a prostatic leg as it couldn't hurt more.More shots in the knee is what I got.
An old lady customer at a health store here in Helena saw me limping and in pain and asked if I ever tried Boron.
Turns out in countries where Boron is still in the soil they have very few arthritic knees.
I take Boron once a day and after about a week I found myself sleeping through the night for the first time in years.
On days where I do too much I take one in the morning and one at night and have not seen that knee doctor for 4 years now.
It's cheap and the Now brand is what I use.
It takes about a week to get into your system so give it time.
Look on the internet and see stories where people use and love it.
I too have heard Krill oil works but again you have to use for awhile before you see it working.
I'm not a salesman just a user.
Old Rooster
How much do you take per day. Is it a tablet or powder. Thanks.

The "Now" brand I take is a capsule and I take 1 in the am and 1 in the pm meds.Considering surgery was something I hated but was willing so I could get some sleep and now I am fine.
A friend tried it and thought you got right away results and I said again it takes a week for some to see results and some take 2 weeks to see results for some depending how bad the knees is,Give it time.
That person is now a regular user like me and doing well.
A new knee is now out of the picture with him also.

Dean I forgot to mention that my knee's used to pop and click when I sat down or got up and now almost no more clicking or pops.
It's not perfect but close to it and I'm happy with it.
The Boron is less than 6.00 per bottle depending on size so I always buy 2 bottles at a time.
It won't fix every one's knee pain as it depends on how bad your knee's are but I was considering replacement 4 years ago and now it's not even a thought.
Again I don't own stock in supplement company I am just so happy I got positive results that I can't stop talking about it.
Have a great day

Dean I forgot to mention that my knee's used to pop and click when I sat down or got up and now almost no more clicking or pops.
It's not perfect but close to it and I'm happy with it.
The Boron is less than 6.00 per bottle depending on size so I always buy 2 bottles at a time.
It won't fix every one's knee pain as it depends on how bad your knee's are but I was considering replacement 4 years ago and now it's not even a thought.
Again I don't own stock in supplement company I am just so happy I got positive results that I can't stop talking about it.
Have a great day
Really appreciate the info. Mine aren't too bad, don't take pain meds unless I over do it, sleep all night but I do have the clicking and popping some times. I am definitely going to try this Boron. If I can't find Now up here do you happen to know how many grains or grams are in each capsule and is there anything else in it besides Boron. Thanks.

Actually, just did some checking and the Now brand 3mg per vegetable based capsules are available up here. $12 a hundred. Thanks.

Last edited:
Dean mine is 3 mg per capsule.
Look up Boron for knee pain in general search on your browser.
Boron is in different forms and I am looking into ionic boron in liquid form as it is supposed to be work quicker and in the body quicker.
I'm very happy with what I get but may try ionic boron at some point.
I have tried Krill oil before Boron and did not get great results at the time but will soon try it again as well as chelated copper as I am always looking at natural supplements for aids.
If you take meds for other things like heart problems give your doctor a call and make sure before you take any supplement.
Have a great day my friend.

Dean mine is 3 mg per capsule.
Look up Boron for knee pain in general search on your browser.
Boron is in different forms and I am looking into ionic boron in liquid form as it is supposed to be work quicker and in the body quicker.
I'm very happy with what I get but may try ionic boron at some point.
I have tried Krill oil before Boron and did not get great results at the time but will soon try it again as well as chelated copper as I am always looking at natural supplements for aids.
If you take meds for other things like heart problems give your doctor a call and make sure before you take any supplement.
Have a great day my friend.
Thanks for the info. Take no meds so supplement should be fine.

Len anthing that you take is just gonna make the pain easier but as long as their is arthritis their its gonna cause some disscomfort. Are you taking any precribed meds for it like Celibrex? a good "NSAID" that Non Steroidal Anti Inflamitory Drug , like Naproxon sodium (Alive) will also help because its the inflamation thats causing the disscomfort. The trouble with most NSAID's is that they generaly are kinda rough on the gutt so if you could get a good prescribed drug that would work better more than likely , and it would/could be taken everyday as a maintainence drug and on the days that your gonna train or hunt or what ever you take the extra over the counter mads to help back up the inflamation.
Also rubbing the joint down with a good topical rub like Capsation-P works well for arthitis
NOTE : wash your hands VERY well after applying this or better yet use rubber gloves , if you rub your eye or touch "Big Jim and the Twins" and their is any trace of it their you will be crying , its the same compound used in peper spray!! and another note the wife will not be happy if their is any trace of it on your hands and their is any fooling around later (trust me on this one)

As far as exercises , anyhting that stress the joint at all , like walking , biking is gonna cause it yo hrt some , things like swimming are better then cycling as they are far less impact to the joint.
The prescriptions did not work for me .
Voltaren topical gel has had best results.
I will see what the orthopedic Dr says on Wednesday

Therapy, meds, shots did not work for me, eventually had to have both knees replaced. Both shoulders are in bad need to be replaced, I am just putting with the pain.

The fingers are in terrible shape. During high power match it is bad enough that sling pressure on the forward indcues pain becomes unbearable sometimes, the fingers not to be outdone, they go in some severe pain mode, and get real painfully stiff Happened a few times in the middle of shot execution.

Oh well... life is too short to let inconveniences get in the way doing the things you enjoy.

Last edited:
Old Rooster

I want to thank you very much for the information on Boron. My Amazon order showed up a few days ago. Literally within two days of taking one tab in the morning and one at night before bed I could feel a large reduction in knee pain while walking. Now after 4 days the knee pain is almost completely gone and so is most of the occaissional clicking and popping I had in the knee joints.. I am sure it will continue to get better over the next while. Nothing else I tried had anywhere near this effect and the Boron is really inexpensive at 24 bucks for 200 tabs that will cover 3 months. Once again, thank you very much for making me aware of this, till I read your stuff I had never heard of taking Boron.

You are welcome Dean.A close friend back in Louisiana was told he needed new knee's to relieve his pain and made a visit to Montana to visit my wife and I and he asked what I take for knee pain and told him about Boron.He started taking it while on his trip and he felt like after a couple of days he too found relief.Now a regular user of Boron he has given up on the new knee idea and says he is fine.
I can't count the folks that have started taking it and love it.If your knees are totally shot with no cartlidge left it may not work as well but if there is a little left it can work wonders.
Have a great day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.