Excuse my ignorance 6.5 Ackley Improved = 6.5 Sherman?

Have you tried contacting McWhorter to find data for your cartridge, I am sure they would have other loads you could try? That is where I would first start at, since they built the rifle I would think they could provide you with what you wanted to know.

Have you tried contacting McWhorter to find data for your cartridge, I am sure they would have other loads you could try? That is where I would first start at, since they built the rifle I would think they could provide you with what you wanted to know.

Actually, that never crossed my mind, Thanks for the suggestion

Darryle

With so many Sherman cartridges, the naming can be a little confusing. The OP is asking about the 6.5 Sherman, which is based off the 270 Win or 280 Rem cases. The 6.5 Sherman will have a bit more case capacity than the 6.5-06 AI.

6.5 Sherman Short (SS or SST) based off shortened SAUM cases.

6.5 Max is based off the SAUM and is basically a 6.5 SAUM Improved.

Then you can get into the Sherman Magnum (28, 30, 33) which are based off the 300 PRC case.
Does anyone know if there is another case other than the SAUM that the 6.5max and 7max can be formed from?
Cheers

Does anyone know if there is another case other than the SAUM that the 6.5max and 7max can be formed from?
Cheers
Rich has been working to get properly head stamped, fully formed brass from ADG. Should be here shortly. He'll chime in, I'm sure, when he's back from chasing elk!

Rich has been working to get properly head stamped, fully formed brass from ADG. Should be here shortly. He'll chime in, I'm sure, when he's back from chasing elk!
The brass that is available in USA is not available in Australia. This is my problem. We are not blessed with the same quality and readily available components that you folk in USA are.

You say you have a 6.5x280AI.
I don't think you are off that far from 6.5 Sherman. The Sherman's use the 280 AI as the parent. They blow the case wall a bit straighter and not sure about your throat vs the Sherman.

That said, I'd bet you are in the hair splitting region! Back off 10% and go for it!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.