Excited happy and depressed all after one trip to the range

Savage13

About a month ago now I picked up a Savage m12 LRP in 6.5 CM for $535 with EGW base out the door. Now have a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 on top of it. Made it to the range with the Hornady Match FACTORY ammo(140 gr). After getting it dialed in @ 100 yrds I had 7 rounds left let the gun cool and then shot this 7 shot group with it. Excited the gun shot this well Happy that I shot this well seeing as how I didn't have my rear bag with me and depressed that I won't get to have fun doing load development for this rifle.

100_0121_zpse67e92d3.jpg

His post is total sarcasm! He's depressed because he doesn't get to do all the normal work in load development. And that's where all the fun is!

exactly I had a BLAST developing loads for my .308 that would net me these same results. Now I have no reason to do that with this gun. Oh well just put a .257 Roberts on lay-a-way for my meat gun maybe ill get to do some LD with that one.

exactly I had a BLAST developing loads for my .308 that would net me these same results. Now I have no reason to do that with this gun. Oh well just put a .257 Roberts on lay-a-way for my meat gun maybe ill get to do some LD with that one.

I wish you many years of frustrations and mysterious results!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.