exbal on phones

Can you run Exbal on any phones that DONT require a $30/mo data service
(I have ATT&T)?

Can you run Exbal on any phones that DONT require a $30/mo data service
(I have ATT&T)?

Exbal doesn't require any service but you have to have a phone that runs windows or a palm phone. A friend has a smart phone that uses windows and just use it for exbal and not the phone. If you have a iphone there is a program (ballistic field tactical) you can get on there that works great for like 10.00 i have both

I just got a blackberry and have been talking with Perry about getting this available for blackberries.

From Perry:

Can you ask the author who claims to have installed a Palm version of Exbal on a Blackberry 8330 to send detailed instructions on how to do this to [email protected]

If you could do this i would greatly appreciate it and im sure a few others would as well.

Is there a ballistic program that can access a weather satellite, and plugs that info in on it's own? If so, does that require a phone that has internet on it?

Is there a ballistic program that can access a weather satellite, and plugs that info in on it's own? If so, does that require a phone that has internet on it?

Funny to see my old post come back to the top. From what i have messed with the iPhone is the only phone that can come close to doing what your talking about. It gets its info from the close weather station i think i may be wrong on where it get the info. but i just turned mine on and it pulled up the info from some where close by that gave the right altitude. But it still not like having a weather meter with you. It does require the Internet to be on. The program is ballistic field tactical. It works very well i have had good luck with it and its cheap i think like 10.00. this is the only one that will do this far as i know.

My dad has the htc touch, it runs exbal, and doesn't require any data plan. I had one and accidentally washed it with the laundry. so they (ever so graciously) upgraded me to the htc touch diamond(which requires a data plan). But I can log onto LRH when I get bored at work :)

Funny to see my old post come back to the top. From what i have messed with the iPhone is the only phone that can come close to doing what your talking about. It gets its info from the close weather station i think i may be wrong on where it get the info. but i just turned mine on and it pulled up the info from some where close by that gave the right altitude. But it still not like having a weather meter with you. It does require the Internet to be on. The program is ballistic field tactical. It works very well i have had good luck with it and its cheap i think like 10.00. this is the only one that will do this far as i know.

I really just wanted to get an itouch to run this type of program. I don't want to pay for an internet connection for an iphone or an itouch. So, I guess I will get a itouch, get the $10 app, and look into a weather station.

I really just wanted to get an itouch to run this type of program. I don't want to pay for an internet connection for an iphone or an itouch. So, I guess I will get a itouch, get the $10 app, and look into a weather station.

Vic, I just got this application a couple weeks ago for the I-Touch. Get the $20 version of FTE if you can swing it. It will come with the heads up display (HUD), very well worth the extra $10. So far the program is working well, few bugs with the program but he's getting them worked out. Overall, it compares well with Exbal.

Vic, I just got this application a couple weeks ago for the I-Touch. Get the $20 version of FTE if you can swing it. It will come with the heads up display (HUD), very well worth the extra $10. So far the program is working well, few bugs with the program but he's getting them worked out. Overall, it compares well with Exbal.

That's what i have the FTE just didn't remember what it cost 20.00 is still cheap. Having a weather meter with you is the best way to go. But they are not cheap

Maybe I am just old school cause I still use mil dot relation to range distance and not a laser. However I am open to semi new technology. I have a motorola 8125 with windows mobile 5 on it. Does anyone know it Exbal will run on it?

Maybe I am just old school cause I still use mil dot relation to range distance and not a laser. However I am open to semi new technology.

Nothing wrong with that. I just picked up a Mil Dot Master and plan on learning that. Nothing worse than dead batteries without a backup.

Try a search on the internet for Perry Systems or Exbal and Gerrald will be able to tell you it it will work.

That sounds smart. My plan was to get the best and latest version. $20 is very reasonable IMO. Thanks for the reply.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts