exbal kestrel verification

flims

finally i found a place where me and a friend can stretch our TRG42 out and beyond 1200meters so i just want to check that i got all this square. i watched Shawns video and from what i can make out
1)i have to set the screen of the Barometric pressure on Exbal to a reference of '0' feet to get raw pressure reading from kestrel as shown here
338148321.jpg

2) I then went on the other screen the Altitude screen and entered the pressure reference given by the weather station in my area close to the airport. this was 30.47inHG. it is now showing an Altitude of 1340ft.
this is the part im not sure about, in this screen which reference should I input? the one from the regions airport station(30.47inHG) or the raw station pressure i just got when i referenced to 0 feet?(29.03)
338148956.jpg

3)then i went to Exbal to 'field conditions' and entered all the information with 0 for elevation
338155051.jpg

i unchecked the 'calculate standard pressure' too.
IS this the proper way it should be done?
Now i just need to validate trajectory if the process is correct.
thanks

Last edited:
ok eaglet i read it and i understood what you mean so the steps are clear with regard to using exbal. i entered the elevation and saved the sight in conditions and unchecked both boxes there in the Save sight in conditions screen. as i understand now i have the data saved for the solid 100meter zero i started from.

with regard to my kestrel i have it setup to read standard pressure so that is good to go too.

you didn't say anything about the Reference pressure on the altitude screen ok KESTREL though. In this kestrel screen i entered the pressure from an airport reading but not the raw standard pressure from the other screen. Is this final step correct?
here you can see 30.47inHG enterered as reference which was given to me by the airport pressure reading. Do i have to change this and input the Raw station pressure i got from the other screen or no ?
338148956.jpg

THANK YOU!

Flims,
sorry I can't help you much with Kestrel because I have never had one of those, presently I'm using a skymaster and a Brunton Sherpa.

You need to get well acquainted on how to use you Kestrel and remember that Exbal uses on-location measured pressure readings.

Sorry for not being more helpful. If you have any more questions about Exbal, just let me know.

Good Luck!

its alright mate, Shawn came back with an answer on this one. I was told to input the reference from sea level pressure in the Alt reference for 29.95

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts