Everyone should have one of these!

Tesoro

A real Chipmunk 22lr! This one was made in the 80's by a gunsmith in a small town (Prospect Ore) for the Original Oregon Arms Chipmunk guys out of Medford, Ore. Great barrel, wood, butt plate fit, inletting, bluing and it shoots an inch at 50yds. I had the bolt worked over and trigger smoothed to 2.5#.
It weighs 2lbs 11oz with the old weaver 4x. I shoot it just fine with the tip of the butt on my shoulder. Its a pleasure to pack around when takin a hike or whatever using the 2 finger carry method. I also use it for a grouse gun and lays on my truck dash infront of the wheel.
Make your first shot count! If anyone ever wants one I find them from time as I live where they were made. Have found a few new in box from the 80's.
In comparison to the new Chipmunk ..well there is no comparison!

Attachments

• IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    792.5 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Locally they go for around 150-200 bucks if real clean but they are rare. Locals know about them and covet any firearms made in the Rogue Valley (there are more than you think). But on gunbroker or out of Oregon probably 100 bucks or a bit more. But they need to be the small shop made ones done in 3 locations around here. Company was sold and went to Idaho and quality was mass production at that point. Then went to NY.

That was my first rifle. My dad bought it for me when I was five,I wish I knew how many rounds I shot through that gun.

Same here, I got it around age 6-7. Learned to use a peep sight like a darn. Dad still has it, my kids will be using it in a cpl years

They didnt exist when I was 8! I had a 22 BSA UK military trainer with cut down stock. Too heavy so only shot prone.
Yeah I remember how tickled dad was when he bought it. It was the first little 22 he had ever seen. It's his most prized firearm...can't wait to take grandkids hunting!

Where does the time go. You guys that got these as kid's making me feel old. Local shop dressed one up to look like a Weatherby for a guy. Pretty cool!

They morphed a little....
0408181931.jpg
Top is a 17hmr
Bottom 22lr...
These are call Barracudas..thumbhole stocks are really liteweight and at 5 my son was hitting the edge of the tuna can swinging on a chain....
Both have Leupold Ultralite 3-9×33...
Fun little guns to shoot....I had one in the driftboat while steelhead fishing with intentions of killing the nutria on the Coquille River..so many of those damned things...they burrow under trees and briar banks and when it floods the banks collapse.....never did get to kill one on the river...but while deer hunting on top of a ridge a nutria tried to attack my truck as we were driving by..so I backed up got the kid out to shoot and he blew that nutria over the side of the hill...funniest thing I ever saw.....flying nutria....

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.