Everyday is a blessing

Prayers for you brothers and families.

I pray you find this as comforting as I do:

2 Corin. 5

1 ¶ For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
6 ¶ Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

This morning is a time of reflection for the loss of a great friend, like a brother, who is no longer in pain from such a horrible cancer disease. He will be missed by so many people that he touched and their lives were better from his friendship. We can only hope to affect people's lives in such a positive manner as he did.

RIP you are in a far better place now.

This morning is a time of reflection for the loss of a great friend, like a brother, who is no longer in pain from such a horrible cancer disease. He will be missed by so many people that he touched and their lives were better from his friendship. We can only hope to affect people's lives in such a positive manner as he did.

RIP you are in a far better place now.
Condolences and prayers.

We often get discouraged when life gets tough, and it can be very unbearable at times, but there is a blessed eternity that awaits on the other side.

.....you have my deepest sympathy, life is so precious and fickle and fragile that's it's hard to fathom at times. There is no magic pill or cure for any of us and time does not cure a thing...we just must keep on with the struggle and enjoy every second and breathe because as is said "no one knows the day or time", thankfully !!

Last edited:
The rough ride continues. Neighbor's 19 yr old son was killed in car accident. We hugged, we cried. No parent should have to bury their child.

I was on a bass fishing trip with my son when my wife called with the horrible news. My son was casting off front deck operating trolling motor and all I could do was watch and pray we never have to go through that pain. I couldn't stop welling up at the thought and the pain of their loss.

The Dad was hugging me telling me there has to be a Plan. I told him he was here for reason and celebrate his life.

Speed was a factor on a back country road at night. Nothing else. Wearing seat belt. He was a passenger as well.

edit removed

If you have children, remind them of the consequences of speeding. I know we ALL did this when younger but life is so precious and so fleeting. I told my son years ago if he is riding with someone out of control, have them stop car, I will come and get him no matter what.

We ALL will step in front of bus to protect our kids but it is when they are out on their own we really rely upon their judgement. Hopefully our guidance will help make the right decision even during peer pressure.

Hug them and hold them tight.

Last edited:
The rough ride continues. Neighbor's 19 yr old son was killed in car accident. We hugged, we cried. No parent should have to bury their child.

I was on a bass fishing trip with my son when my wife called with the horrible news. My son was casting off front deck operating trolling motor and all I could do was watch and pray we never have to go through that pain. I couldn't stop welling up at the thought and the pain of their loss.

The Dad was hugging me telling me there has to be a Plan. I told him he was here for reason and celebrate his life.

Speed was a factor on a back country road at night. Nothing else. Wearing seat belt. He was a passenger as well.

Many years ago, I was passenger with friend of girl I was dating that was speeding beyond his ability on Interstate in Boston. I told him to pull over and he laughed at me. I then told him if we survive, he may not survive me beating his butt. He slowed down. Called me wimp back at girl's brother apartment where we were staying. I politely informed him the beating is still on table. No further comments and told girl we will never step foot in any car he is driving. I truly believe if I didn't speak up, we would have crashed and who knows at that time.

If you have children, remind them of the consequences of speeding. I know we ALL did this when younger but life is so precious and so fleeting. I told my son years ago if he is riding with someone out of control, have them stop car, I will come and get him no matter what.

We ALL will step in front of bus to protect our kids but it is when they are out on their own we really rely upon their judgement. Hopefully our guidance will help make the right decision even during peer pressure.

Hug them and hold them tight.
😢