Everyday is a blessing

This is by far the most difficult share that I have posted up in this thread. I know many families are going to through tragic times right now and we have been lucky in that respect but holy cow this past year has been one of the worse we have experienced with our friends. Please tell me there is a Plan. Another neighbor few houses away decided living was too difficult. Good friend. No indication whatsoever of any internal struggles. We went to their anniversary party, loving couple. I am so sad and keep asking myself why. This past year has been so sad you have to keep telling yourself there is a plan. There has to be. We never have had so many life challenges that is testing our core beliefs. I just don't understand the why. Children and grandchildren. They should be enough to fight through whatever seems so over whelming. We have a son, family and two beautiful granddaughters that provide so much joy life's every day struggles just melt away. My wife and I are sitting here numb trying to grasp why. This one really hit home and it hurts badly. This week is going to be very difficult.

LRH is a community, a family of unseen friends, a respite from daily life struggles that is trying to seep into your life. We support each other, challenge each other, offer help to each other, laugh at each other, extend a hand to each other and yes sometimes offer a shoulder to each other. I see this on LRH.

Why isn't life like LRH?
Muddy
Sorry for your loss and the pain associated.
There are many things that we don't have answers for and can't understand.
There is only one thing that get's me through every single day and the truth I follow.
MY FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST - MY EVERLASTING SAVIOR.
Keep your faith because it is the only true thing in life.
God Bless
Len & Jill

Muddy,

I'm certainly sorry to hear of your struggles of late. I think the last two years have been trying times for so many. The Lord's plan often seems to us in disarray, although not from His point of view. This poem from Annie Johnson Flint, who knew much of suffering, has been a great comfort to me - I hope it will to you also my friend:

He Giveth More Grace

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase;
To added affliction He addeth His mercy;
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,
Our Father's full giving is only begun.

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

His love has no limit; His grace has no measure.
His pow'r has no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again!

Annie Johnson Flint

Muddy
Sorry for your loss and the pain associated.
There are many things that we don't have answers for and can't understand.
There is only one thing that get's me through every single day and the truth I follow.
MY FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST - MY EVERLASTING SAVIOR.
Keep your faith because it is the only true thing in life.
God Bless
Len & Jill
Amen Brother. He's what's kept me hanging on. In reality, He was hanging on to me instead of the other way around.

This is by far the most difficult share that I have posted up in this thread. I know many families are going to through tragic times right now and we have been lucky in that respect but holy cow this past year has been one of the worse we have experienced with our friends. Please tell me there is a Plan. Another neighbor few houses away decided living was too difficult. Good friend. No indication whatsoever of any internal struggles. We went to their anniversary party, loving couple. I am so sad and keep asking myself why. This past year has been so sad you have to keep telling yourself there is a plan. There has to be. We never have had so many life challenges that is testing our core beliefs. I just don't understand the why. Children and grandchildren. They should be enough to fight through whatever seems so over whelming. We have a son, family and two beautiful granddaughters that provide so much joy life's every day struggles just melt away. My wife and I are sitting here numb trying to grasp why. This one really hit home and it hurts badly. This week is going to be very difficult.

LRH is a community, a family of unseen friends, a respite from daily life struggles that is trying to seep into your life. We support each other, challenge each other, offer help to each other, laugh at each other, extend a hand to each other and yes sometimes offer a shoulder to each other. I see this on LRH.

Why isn't life like LRH?
You've had a rough go of it lately for sure Muddy. I too had a friend a few weeks ago do the same thing. Tragic, senseless. I wish I had the answers you seek but do not. I don't think there are all the answers when something like this happens. Some peoples demons just get to be too much. Only solace I can say is there's no more suffering where they are now. Hang in there Muddy.

Muddy

I pray our Lord grants you and his family peace in these hard times.

Do not loose faith, we are all here only for a while. Some stay here longer than others, and why some leave the way they do is not for us to know the reasons. Just have faith he is resting in a better place.

God bless you and his family

Luis

Last edited:
Friends, its been an awful year for many of us. I just got off the phone with my best bud who I fish and hunt with all the time. He is one year younger than me and he always reminded me of that. He called to tell me he doesn't have much time left. I knew he had cancer but I was under impression it was being dealt with by chemo effectively. It was not and has spread very fast. He didn't want to upset me telling me it wasn't going well. He was crying and I cried, not knowing what to say or how can I help him through his final steps. I cannot stop crying as I type. My own health seems so dang trivial and he even asked me how I was feeling. I truly am at a loss on how to help other telling him I will always be there for him. This will be a tough go for him over the next few months and I don't expect it is gong to go easy for him and family. He is in a lot of pain and is losing weight fast and you can see it which just tears you apart knowing what a vibrant man he was and still is inside. I know I am rambling but talking to LRH seems to help me balance the emotion and upcoming loss a little bit. I have offered to take him wherever he wants or just talk and he knows that he has my shoulder to lean on anytime he needs to.

I talked to @skipglo last night, he called me to see how I was doing with my ongoing back problems. We had a great talk, laughed quite a bit and I went to bed afterwards with a smile. I didn't know last night about my bud but its friends like this who I have never met will help get me through.

This thread has been so true for so many of us lately and we need to embrace each day as a blessing not only for ourselves, our family but so many others that touch our lives.
God Bless
Muddy

Friends, its been an awful year for many of us. I just got off the phone with my best bud who I fish and hunt with all the time. He is one year younger than me and he always reminded me of that. He called to tell me he doesn't have much time left. I knew he had cancer but I was under impression it was being dealt with by chemo effectively. It was not and has spread very fast. He didn't want to upset me telling me it wasn't going well. He was crying and I cried, not knowing what to say or how can I help him through his final steps. I cannot stop crying as I type. My own health seems so dang trivial and he even asked me how I was feeling. I truly am at a loss on how to help other telling him I will always be there for him. This will be a tough go for him over the next few months and I don't expect it is gong to go easy for him and family. He is in a lot of pain and is losing weight fast and you can see it which just tears you apart knowing what a vibrant man he was and still is inside. I know I am rambling but talking to LRH seems to help me balance the emotion and upcoming loss a little bit. I have offered to take him wherever he wants or just talk and he knows that he has my shoulder to lean on anytime he needs to.

I talked to @skipglo last night, he called me to see how I was doing with my ongoing back problems. We had a great talk, laughed quite a bit and I went to bed afterwards with a smile. I didn't know last night about my bud but its friends like this who I have never met will help get me through.

This thread has been so true for so many of us lately and we need to embrace each day as a blessing not only for ourselves, our family but so many others that touch our lives.
God Bless
Muddy
Amen ,so touched by the insight and the REAL HEART FELT FOLKS that make this a BLESSED SITE to share ,,,always in our prayers.

Muddy I'm so sorry for your loss. His family is in my prayers. Your in my prayers. Once again this thread shows that this forum is more than just Long Range Hunting. It's a family. God tells us to lay our burdens at his feet. That his yoke is light, when ours is heavy. For us to lift our brothers and sisters up in prayer in these times.

Praying
Jimmy

Muddy, I'm so sorry for you and your friend. I'm sure it's crushing. Went through a similar situation a few months ago. All you can do is be there and keep a strong shoulder to help carry him and his family through. GOD will carry you. Prayers for you all.

When you are 72, you are faced with the loss of family and friends as just the result of time. It seems every one of them gets harder and harder to endure the pain of the loss and each one makes you realize how finite our lives are and why we need to embrace our family and friends while we have them. Make that call to someone who you haven't talked in a while, visit a relative that you haven't seen in a while, take the time and stop to tell your love ones you love them. This one is hitting hard for me.
God Bless
Muddy