Every seen anything like this?

Yeah I was a pretty disappointed in my self for not catching it
Still you did catch it in the end which is the main thing so well done.

Just speculating but I think if you shot that round it would have still hit close to the mark.

I don't think it would have had a major failure coming out of the barrel.

But hey, the safest thing to do is just pull it & replace it ;)

Yep sure have.

Attachments

• 20200329_074757.jpg
    20200329_074757.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 97
Still you did catch it in the end which is the main thing so well done.

Just speculating but I think if you shot that round it would have still hit close to the mark.

I don't think it would have had a major failure coming out of the barrel.

But hey, the safest thing to do is just pull it & replace it ;)
And that's exactly what I done

I always keep a container for like pulled bullets and reseated if setting seating die or things like this and will use these for shooting first few rounds after cleaning the barrel. If you don't think they are safe to shoot obviously don't. Good luck. If there would be a bunch in the box I would call and talk to the manufacture. I had a box of hornady 87g bthp varmints there ogive measurements were varying .010 I called hornady and they sent me a new box and I sent them what I had left of the old box they paid for shipping on both boxes.

Even though I presort, every bullet I seat is re-measured for bto & oal, then recorded and then seated. I've caught a few blems like this over the years. Shot these as fouler/sighters, doesn't seem to make much difference at close range. Never tried stretching them out, nor would I.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.