Every seen anything like this?

460 magnum

Loaded up some 140gr nosler acu. bonds for testing and found this little defect. Looks to me the copper jacket is deformed.
20200327_182251.jpg

Make sure you gun is shooting straight.....put a special target out there....see where it hits.....might be a new trend...spiraled bullet tips....get that aerodynamics additive....
A couple of us used to get bulk Sierra 55gr Blitzkings, 224 bullets, out of a box of 3000, there would always be around 10 that the tips looked like the nose of the Concorde, just bent. When I had about 30-40 of them, I loaded them up.
My target was a 10" plate at 400, I remember telling a guy with me to watch this, I was expecting these bullets to go everywhere. low, high, left, right. They impacted the target about the same a regular ones. I was rapid firing them from an AR15, maybe we should have extended the range to 600 and fired some.
I'd be moer apt to be concerned if the boatail was deformed today.

A couple of us used to get bulk Sierra 55gr Blitzkings, 224 bullets, out of a box of 3000, there would always be around 10 that the tips looked like the nose of the Concorde, just bent. When I had about 30-40 of them, I loaded them up.
My target was a 10" plate at 400, I remember telling a guy with me to watch this, I was expecting these bullets to go everywhere. low, high, left, right. They impacted the target about the same a regular ones. I was rapid firing them from an AR15, maybe we should have extended the range to 600 and fired some.
I'd be moer apt to be concerned if the boatail was deformed today.
I already broke the round down I guess I should have just went a head and shot it

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.