EV Support Vehicle?

Muddyboots

9B7635DB-F0F2-49F2-9416-2E4810FA737B.jpeg

Well it's a support vehicle. So it has to have great range, staying power, tolerate heat, tolerate cold and without sacrificing range or the occupants. I want to know who thought plastering the vehicle with Tesla logos everywhere was a clever idea. Pretty sure I can do better, and I know my 11 year old granddaughter can.

We have a few up here as well, was giving the driver a hard time. His retort was it was for tesla power systems, the panel and battery side of the company.

It's still odd that a company that for a decade grandstanded on the "ev revolution" needs gas cars....

Lord love his attempts at pushing freedom of speech, for that I can't fault him. Doesn't change the fact that tesla makes cars but ran more like a cult. Fingers crossed I can make it through the door to the rumble of an inline 6 diesel....

We have a few up here as well, was giving the driver a hard time. His retort was it was for tesla power systems, the panel and battery side of the company.

It's still odd that a company that for a decade grandstanded on the "ev revolution" needs gas cars....

Lord love his attempts at pushing freedom of speech, for that I can't fault him. Doesn't change the fact that tesla makes cars but ran more like a cult. Fingers crossed I can make it through the door to the rumble of an inline 6 diesel....
I have owned 3 Dodge trucks, still have 2 of them. Both are 1 ton dually 4x4's and both are diesels. I love the looks I get when people assume I'm a huge Dodge fan, and I respond..."Not really...I'm a Cummins fan"

I'm still rocking a gen 2 with the NV 4500. I'll buy a new one when they make one better....

Darn thing rolls along like a tractor unless it's loaded, but it gets used only for truck things so it's OK.

A older friend was in it a few years back. He exclaimed it was a million mile drive train wrapped in a 100k Mile dodge... and he's not wrong.

Long suffering folks have a low mileage clean Ford excursion and part of a bay with a gen 1 cummis sitting on a stand waiting for me to come down and swap it. Ford ride quality with cummins power.... wish we could swap in toyota buttons and wiring but... Future fummins yard ornaments for now.

I'm still rocking a gen 2 with the NV 4500. I'll buy a new one when they make one better....

Darn thing rolls along like a tractor unless it's loaded, but it gets used only for truck things so it's OK.

A older friend was in it a few years back. He exclaimed it was a million mile drive train wrapped in a 100k Mile dodge... and he's not wrong.

Long suffering folks have a low mileage clean Ford excursion and part of a bay with a gen 1 cummis sitting on a stand waiting for me to come down and swap it. Ford ride quality with cummins power.... wish we could swap in toyota buttons and wiring but... Future fummins yard ornaments for now.
2000 2nd gen and a 2006 3rd gen. Bought the 2000 off a farmer when my oldest bought a house in the country over an hour away from me, and I looked for a year to find a low mileage one. At the time I had an old 12 valve in a 96 with almost half a million miles. I wanted a 4x4 1 ton dually, because even in a snow emergency, they won't try to stop you. The farmer understood why, he had two daughters. He told me, "Do not be afraid to run her in the fields" My daughter knew why....the only person I had to explain it to was my son-in-law....sometimes that boy worries me...

I have owned 3 Dodge trucks, still have 2 of them. Both are 1 ton dually 4x4's and both are diesels. I love the looks I get when people assume I'm a huge Dodge fan, and I respond..."Not really...I'm a Cummins fan"
The problem with Cummins engines in dodge trucks is what to do with the engine when the truck is rusted away! Not a slam on dodge , just how good cummins is.

The problem with Cummins engines in dodge trucks is what to do with the engine when the truck is rusted away! Not a slam on dodge , just how good cummins is.
My 96 had almost 500k miles when I gifted it to a good friend. Several months later, he T boned a car that ran a red light at 50 mph. The impact shoved the entire doghouse backwards hard enough, he had to roll down the window to climb out. Both doors were jammed shut. Then he reached back in to turn off the motor....still running. He sold the engine, the rest was a paper weight.

I have wondered how states would deal with EVs not buying gas and paying the gas tax they say is used for road improvements. My state is once again trying to make hybrids, EVs, and even fuel-efficient vehicles pay a fee ! They call it a fee, but I call it a tax. Yep, when we renew our registration there's gonna be a form to complete and we will be taxed. Why hybrids and fuel-efficient vehicles are lumped in with the EVs? Make mo money!