European Roe deer

twingi

Hello!

I try to say something about Roe deer (Roe Deer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) hunting in Bosnia. My english is not realy good, but pictures=1000 words!:)
CIMG0497.jpg

CIMG0348.jpg

CopyofCIMG3190.jpg

CIMG3661.jpg

srndac.jpg

Last picture is shot on 450 meters (490 yards), .300 wm, Prvi partizan ammunition, bullet 11,7 g (180 gr) soft point.

Cheers!

you've got some nice roe there, 450 metres is a long way to shoot a roe they are not a very big target ! my best shot on roe is 404m . well done and good shooting !

you've got some nice roe there, 450 metres is a long way to shoot a roe they are not a very big target ! my best shot on roe is 404m . well done and good shooting !
That is my longest shot. Heart is complete destroyed, but roe is run after shot 30 meters. I find roe with flashlight 3 hours later. Where you hunt a roe?

i shoot roe in east england and scotland , i once shot two within 10 mins of each other both at 170m, the bullets landed within 1/2" of each other on the deer but one ran 15m and piled up the other ran 100m and piled up , go figure? both heart shot?

Congratulations Twingi! Also one of my videos on Roe deer hunting:
[ame]https://youtu.be/-dIPQ-pV9cA[/ame]

Beautiful pictures. Landscape looks like where I live, the mountains of Tennessee in the USA. I remember a story an old WWII vet told me about what he said were roe deer. He was in Germany and had been eating K rations for weeks. One evening just before dark he saw movement a few hundred yards away across a field near a tree line. He thought it was German solders. After looking through his binoculars he discovered it as a herd of roe deer. He jumped up into his half track truck that had twin 50 cal Browning's mounted on it and cut loose on the deer herd. He said that he and his friends got sick they ate so much meat.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.