Erik Cortina

I read, watch and listen to everythign I can regarding reloading. I pick what works for me and go forward. Newer info comes in. I eveluate and change if makes sense and works FOR ME. There are many experts out there - and some that are only experts in their own minds. I always to get more than one side of a reloading suggestion if nothing more than safety's sake!

I discard his videos entirely and don't burn my time on them. While he might be handing out useful advice once in a while, it's not worth my time to sort out the wheat from the chaff and there's easily as much or more chaff and outright stover as there is grain.

I didn't start out discarding him entirely as a data source. He he earned that with his behavior. Skimming over the process from looking askance at his content to discarding it utterly: I saw his true colors as an irredeemable and blatant Dunning-Kruger case at the "Stop Neck Sizing" silliness and I utterly discarded him as a simple self-promoting shill as soon as he started hawking his tuner brakes in a reloading video rather than providing a single bit of useful and testable reloading information. Dunning-Kruger practitioner is just Dunning-Kruger practitioner. Self-shill is just a shill. Bad advice mixed with good advice is just bad advice. Advice mixed with marketing propaganda is just marketing propaganda.

I treat people that do paid reviews at all or that give glowing reviews to obviously and patently inferior products exactly the same as I treat Dunning-Kruger cases and self-shills. He and they have not just failed to earn the kind of trust he'd need for me to give a rat's fanny about anything he might have to say, he and they have behaved in a manner that erodes any trust I might be able to develop about his being in a position to pontificate on anything at all.

To give an example: I never see Orkan doing that kind of garbage and so when Orkan speaks I'll listen and then think critically about what he has to say and then accept or discard the information accordingly as it is dispassionately and intelligently (if sometimes impatiently to impertinently) delivered and he is not marketing at me when he provides information meant to be helpful. When someone like TiborasaurusRex speaks I immediately discard everything he has to say because (and I know this for a fact) he's just marketing at the viewer whenever he opens his mouth. When Erik speaks, he's just marketing at the watcher and when he's not blatant about doing it he's trying to assert street cred to use in a subsequent marketing effort rather than to build street cred to use in a subsequent marketing effort.

Orkan, please pardon me using you as an example as I have. You're one of the few people that lends themself well to being an example of the point I'm making.
I don't think I've ever disagreed more with a post.

I watch all of Eric's YouTube video's, and alot of others.....I've been reloading for 45years, and STILL learn .....besides, I love his attitude ," either do it or don't, I'll help you if you'll listen" The guy's that believe these guys got where they are because they have all the big dollar stuff, maybe don't realize that most started out with "working man's" gear.....we each have the decision to make how much $$$$ we can invest in our habit. Once you know everything , we'll miss you on the forum.....hoping to see everyone here next visit....rsbhunter

I discard his videos entirely and don't burn my time on them. While he might be handing out useful advice once in a while, it's not worth my time to sort out the wheat from the chaff and there's easily as much or more chaff and outright stover as there is grain.

I didn't start out discarding him entirely as a data source. He he earned that with his behavior. Skimming over the process from looking askance at his content to discarding it utterly: I saw his true colors as an irredeemable and blatant Dunning-Kruger case at the "Stop Neck Sizing" silliness and I utterly discarded him as a simple self-promoting shill as soon as he started hawking his tuner brakes in a reloading video rather than providing a single bit of useful and testable reloading information. Dunning-Kruger practitioner is just Dunning-Kruger practitioner. Self-shill is just a shill. Bad advice mixed with good advice is just bad advice. Advice mixed with marketing propaganda is just marketing propaganda.

I treat people that do paid reviews at all or that give glowing reviews to obviously and patently inferior products exactly the same as I treat Dunning-Kruger cases and self-shills. He and they have not just failed to earn the kind of trust he'd need for me to give a rat's fanny about anything he might have to say, he and they have behaved in a manner that erodes any trust I might be able to develop about his being in a position to pontificate on anything at all.

To give an example: I never see Orkan doing that kind of garbage and so when Orkan speaks I'll listen and then think critically about what he has to say and then accept or discard the information accordingly as it is dispassionately and intelligently (if sometimes impatiently to impertinently) delivered and he is not marketing at me when he provides information meant to be helpful. When someone like TiborasaurusRex speaks I immediately discard everything he has to say because (and I know this for a fact) he's just marketing at the viewer whenever he opens his mouth. When Erik speaks, he's just marketing at the watcher and when he's not blatant about doing it he's trying to assert street cred to use in a subsequent marketing effort rather than to build street cred to use in a subsequent marketing effort.

Orkan, please pardon me using you as an example as I have. You're one of the few people that lends themself well to being an example of the point I'm making.
This crazy rambling is getting you ignored by me. You have demonstrated several times that you are a negative energy person. Pompous and quite simply you have a problem.

It boils down to consistency. Doing the same thing everytime. If you make changes. Only make one change at a time. If you make more then one change. You don't know which change made the difference.

Yes, I watch Erik's video's. I pick out things in the video's that I might have not tried before.

Hi, how do I access info from Orkan? Thank you

Guys, regardless your reloading level or experience, you should subscribe to his YouTube channel and learn, or don't subscribe and just watch. Take away what you're ready to incorporate into your own world. Don't be hard headed. 20 + years at this and I learned a lot.
I've caught a lot of his stuff. He does try to keep it simple. Being an ol army guy, figured he was a smart marine. Another brother in arms.

Works GREAT we have one!!!

Later Post
I should have mention and elaborated on what I meant by "Works Great".
I have used several priming devices. RCBS Hand Primer, RCBS Bench Primer, ect. None of them set the primers to where they would preform properly. Using the other priming tools I was most likely always "Crushing" the primer anvils.
Using the CPS (Competition Primer Seater) system/tool I can adjust exactly where I want the primer to be seated. I can also test different primer depth for accuracy. It does make a difference on how the primer fires and ignites the powder charge. When constructing a precision cartridge in trying to make the perfect load for your rifle how many different steps in the process do you do??? Brass Prep, flash hole, Powder charge, Bullet, Bullet seating, neck tension, all the different brands of components, ect. Why not examine the Primer Seating Depth??? I found a difference in SD ES when I used the CPS. I was no longer just CRUSHING the primers into the pockets, but setting them in a depth where the primers had better performance in ignition and being able to be consistent in that process with this tool. Notice that word "CONSISTENT".
When reloading we all have tools in our "Tool Box". Why not have the BEST tools to work with!
Another thing it really helps your hands and with trying to load dozens or hundreds of cases!
Len & Jill

So what are you getting at? Are you suggesting Erik Cortina is full of it? Because he is selling (hawking) his tuner-brakes. How about all the video interviews he has provided with leaders of the F Class community? Shooters, gunsmiths, and machinists of the industry. Many a time he has said, " do what you want, but this is what works for me". A man just sharing his knowledge. I don't have a problem with the commercial/profit aspects of his posts. Hey, we live in a society where you have a choice to pay or pass. I just don't understand why you posted the negativity.

Recent Posts