Erik Cortina

DoneNOut

Guys, regardless your reloading level or experience, you should subscribe to his YouTube channel and learn, or don't subscribe and just watch. Take away what you're ready to incorporate into your own world. Don't be hard headed. 20 + years at this and I learned a lot.

maxresdefault.jpg

Guys, regardless your reloading level or experience, you should subscribe to his YouTube channel and learn, or don't subscribe and just watch. Take away what you're ready to incorporate into your own world. Don't be hard headed. 20 + years at this and I learned a lot.
Love that BEAR Head for a hat. I always ponder on where you got that picture from every time you post.
Not everyone follows what someone puts on UTube. I have been reading books, post, blogs from the top shooters in the world (55 + years). It seems that all of them have their way of doing every process from Break in, Cleaning, Trimming, Sizing, Priming, Case Prep, Seating, Annealing, and ON & ON.
If I listened to all of them -( WHICH I do for their knowledge and different perspectives)-you would never get a load to shoot. BUT if you take the best ideas - that works for you and incorporate into your reload practices - you may be shooting BUGGERS.
Remember not all bullets work in every rifle and not all reloading practices work for either. Pick a practice that works for you and keep it "CONSISTANT". Do it the same way all the time. That's where you will get the best results.

I think it's funny that his brake/tuners ship in a pill bottle - "Prescription for Accuracy". It's a very nice piece.
I need to get one of his EC tuner brakes. It reminds me of the Browning BOSS I played with years ago. The BOSS worked surprisingly good. Looks like the EC tuner does too.

Love that BEAR Head for a hat. I always ponder on where you got that picture from every time you post.
Not everyone follows what someone puts on UTube. I have been reading books, post, blogs from the top shooters in the world (55 + years). It seems that all of them have their way of doing every process from Break in, Cleaning, Trimming, Sizing, Priming, Case Prep, Seating, Annealing, and ON & ON.
If I listened to all of them -( WHICH I do for their knowledge and different perspectives)-you would never get a load to shoot. BUT if you take the best ideas - that works for you and incorporate into your reload practices - you may be shooting BUGGERS.
Remember not all bullets work in every rifle and not all reloading practices work for either. Pick a practice that works for you and keep it "CONSISTANT". Do it the same way all the time. That's where you will get the best results.
Watch the thriller "Midsommar" on Amazon Prime. Be a fitting Halloween movie today! LOL

Excellent elaboration of my "Take away what you're ready to incorporate into your own world."

Attachments

• 0zgni2n8h8d41.jpg
    0zgni2n8h8d41.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 120
A lot of his methods I have been doing for a long time. So it was reassuring to see these ideas being re-enforced in his videos. I found the neck size and brass annealing video helpful. I find Broz and R Furmans videos helpful too. That's the great thing about youtube. There are videos on everything. Experimenting helps you figure out what works and what doesn't. I even watched a video on how to sew cordura. The guy even has a diy shooting bag video!

Last edited:
I went down the rabbit hole on annealing after watching Erik's video. I did the cordless drill and torch variation holding the brass in metric long sockets. 308 and 300 WM came out great! 7 seconds on clean brass was the time I saw the flame turn orange. Kept the lights off in the loading room to watch the flame color and quick cherry red of the necks.

Neck tension was substantially lighter in my 4X fired brass returning it to a normal tension and smooth seating.

I need to get one of his EC tuner brakes. It reminds me of the Browning BOSS I played with years ago. The BOSS worked surprisingly good. Looks like the EC tuner does too.
They sure are nice if you want quick load work up on different bullets or max velocity at a specific coal or just to tune factory ammunition in a little better. I don't have the ec but I have an ats and a tmb. I've also had excellent success with just the $10 limbsavers.

I discard his videos entirely and don't burn my time on them. While he might be handing out useful advice once in a while, it's not worth my time to sort out the wheat from the chaff and there's easily as much or more chaff and outright stover as there is grain.

I didn't start out discarding him entirely as a data source. He he earned that with his behavior. Skimming over the process from looking askance at his content to discarding it utterly: I saw his true colors as an irredeemable and blatant Dunning-Kruger case at the "Stop Neck Sizing" silliness and I utterly discarded him as a simple self-promoting shill as soon as he started hawking his tuner brakes in a reloading video rather than providing a single bit of useful and testable reloading information. Dunning-Kruger practitioner is just Dunning-Kruger practitioner. Self-shill is just a shill. Bad advice mixed with good advice is just bad advice. Advice mixed with marketing propaganda is just marketing propaganda.

I treat people that do paid reviews at all or that give glowing reviews to obviously and patently inferior products exactly the same as I treat Dunning-Kruger cases and self-shills. He and they have not just failed to earn the kind of trust he'd need for me to give a rat's fanny about anything he might have to say, he and they have behaved in a manner that erodes any trust I might be able to develop about his being in a position to pontificate on anything at all.

To give an example: I never see Orkan doing that kind of garbage and so when Orkan speaks I'll listen and then think critically about what he has to say and then accept or discard the information accordingly as it is dispassionately and intelligently (if sometimes impatiently to impertinently) delivered and he is not marketing at me when he provides information meant to be helpful. When someone like TiborasaurusRex speaks I immediately discard everything he has to say because (and I know this for a fact) he's just marketing at the viewer whenever he opens his mouth. When Erik speaks, he's just marketing at the watcher and when he's not blatant about doing it he's trying to assert street cred to use in a subsequent marketing effort rather than to build street cred to use in a subsequent marketing effort.

Orkan, please pardon me using you as an example as I have. You're one of the few people that lends themself well to being an example of the point I'm making.

Watch the thriller "Midsommar" on Amazon Prime. Be a fitting Halloween movie today! LOL

Excellent elaboration of my "Take away what you're ready to incorporate into your own world."
Will watch the movie tonight!
Thanks
HAS TO BE WEIRDEST MOVIE THE I EVER SAW. THE PERSON THAT WROTE THIS AND THE PEOPLE THAT ACTED IN IT ARE NUTS!!!! HAD TO COME OUT OF CRAZY LIBERAL EUROPE.

Last edited:
I liked Eric Cortina's video on stop neck sizing. I stopped necking sizing years ago. The reason being I mainly load to feed out of my magazine and didn't like feeling the extra bolt tension that happens with me neck sizing. So I either FL resize or bump the shoulders back. I kept all my neck sizing dies and even dies from cartridges I don't own anymore. You never know when they may come in handy. YMMV.

Exactly...thanks! Saved me all those extra words!

Recent Posts