Erector screw help!!

T3ninja

Hey, I have a weaver tactical scope that has a broken erector screw(I think) on the windage turret. I've contacted weaver (bushnell now) But apparently I can't get anyone to understand what I'm trying to explain, and no one is willing to accept me sending a picture of said screw. Anyway, I was hoping someone would be able to point me to a vendor that might have or be able to get something like this for me. I removed the one from the elevation side for comparison and confirm that it is the same as the one on the windage side. The scope still functions fine but the whole turret just falls off. Weird I guess🤷🏼‍♂️

Thanks EDC868CC-4419-4E79-B265-A49C3162D6E4.jpeg9AEEBBD0-1BC8-4B09-9885-356DC72A8417.jpegFDAA9FF2-685B-49F4-A089-7D34D70E1A5C.jpeg

I've contacted them and it didn't seem like they would. I'm afraid if I send it in I will either not get it back, or be offered a bushnell in place of it. I talked to them asking if I could just get a replacement screw but apparently no on is willing to accept a picture of the screw there and doesn't know the difference between a small brass screw and the outer cap that's labeled mil/moa

oh, it's not that I really took it apart. It just fell off. Had the guts not been completely exposed, I wouldn't have messed with it. Considering the last time I contacted weaver and the lack of help, I figured it would be a lost cause anyway.

it would be a lost cause anyway.
^^^This!^^^

Regardless of what action you take unless by warranty, ask yourself if it is worth the trouble or money.

Unless you have a close friend that will do it for you, they have a minimum set-up charge, i.e., set-up time x labor charge (~$50+/- $10 per hour). That's one expensive screw, no pun intended. 😇

Last edited:
I made a post about this back in January or so.

Bushnell has one tech support line for their dozen companies, and you call them for everything they make from hoppe's #9 to their bushnell scopes, to their primos coyote calls..

The same people answer the phone for all of it, and they (at least in my case), have the ability to read the owners manual to you, and that's about it. The guy I dealt with told me to take mine back to the store I bought it at, and make them replace it. Then he ultimately promised to replace my product, but they didn't have anything in stock, so he would do it when they came in. About 6 weeks later when I sent the guy an email to remind him of my situation, he told me that they still didn't have any, but when they did, he would now be willing to sell me one at a discount. I don't want anything to do with any of their products. Their support is an absolute joke..

You could have a machine shop make the screw if you don't want to send it in.
That's probably not as simple as it sounds. I frequently have to reverse engineer parts at work and that takes time. Time that a machine shop is neither equipped to provide or is likely to have available unless you're willing to pay their shop rate. Even then you'll be lucky to find a shop willing to invest that kind of time into a single part w/o it costing way, way more than a full pop retail replacement scope.

I made a post about this back in January or so.

Bushnell has one tech support line for their dozen companies, and you call them for everything they make from hoppe's #9 to their bushnell scopes, to their primos coyote calls..

The same people answer the phone for all of it, and they (at least in my case), have the ability to read the owners manual to you, and that's about it. The guy I dealt with told me to take mine back to the store I bought it at, and make them replace it. Then he ultimately promised to replace my product, but they didn't have anything in stock, so he would do it when they came in. About 6 weeks later when I sent the guy an email to remind him of my situation, he told me that they still didn't have any, but when they did, he would now be willing to sell me one at a discount. I don't want anything to do with any of their products. Their support is an absolute joke..

This is about the same experience I had. I'll have to look around, but I'm not sure of any machine shops around off the top of my head. If all else fails I'll just have a scope without a windage knob. Everything still works like it's supposed to, just the knob falls off.

I have an old Bushnell with a suspected tracking problem so I contacted them about their (old policy) of lifetime warranty. Here is what they said: If it is within warranty, we repair/replace at no charge. If your product is outside of the warranty coverage we will either quote you a price for repairs or return your product with a promotional offer to replace it with a current production model at a discount. Our turnaround from door to door on repairs is 3-4 weeks.
They could not tell me if the lifetime warranty applied to my specific model.