Eradicate the Wolf???!

People that entrust the gov't with overseeing things need to go buy a portable gas can. This is to see how gov't works. A new gas can is proof that the gov't can screw up anything from the simplest concept to nearly an unusable item
The gas can isn't the problem. It's the ignorant people in this country that need protection from themselves. mtmuley

Prediction: this thread will melt down pretty quickly when the wolf "exterminationst" jump on board LOL.

LOL. They did and it did.

What "middleofnowher" said on page 1 last December. There you have it! Could not have said it better or added a thing.

8E891C0E-D60F-4981-B761-832D362AB76B.jpeg
Concerning the question of size difference and two different wolves!
I'm no biologist but I do know the animals of the far north aren't the same animals that reside below the 48th parallel!
Because of the extreme cold of the far north -- and I'm talking about 40, 50, 60 below zero Fahrenheit – it takes a far larger body mass in order to retain enough body heat to survive those temperatures – and that's a fact!
I've seen moose in the far north that looked to be as big as a house while the moose of Wyoming and Utah are half that size. Same goes for elk, deer, black bears and other critters – including the wolf! Before eradication down here, the wolves below the 48th wouldn't have been able to compare in size to the Canadian Timber Wolf of the far north!
Think about it! Look at the size of the Whitetail deer of Texas compared to the Whitetail of Michigan. Same goes for the red wolf of the southern states. A smaller body is needed in warmer climates in order to dissipate the body heat and a larger body is needed in colder climates in order to retain the body heat! That happened due to natural selection!
Therefore – I believe the wolf that was eradicated below the 48th parallel wasn't the same wolf that was introduced from Canada.
This is what we have in Tennessee

The gas can isn't the problem. It's the ignorant people in this country that need protection from themselves. mtmuley
The problem in our gov't is the ones responsible are not accountable. You are not going to vote for John Kerry's brother even though he was head of the commerce department. If you have never listened to that pompous *** his brother is not much different.

It is not Gods order for humans to introduce an animal that is not native to the region. I think a lot more people could have stomached the introduction if it was the Timberwolf that was native to the area. The Canadian grey wolf is significantly larger than the Timberwolf and twice the hunter. when you have animals that are not familiar with them as a predator they don't stand a chance to survive. I have seen first hand on multiple accounts the damage these wolves have done on the elk herds. Throw a lion in with some cattle and see if they have the instincts to survive.

There is no science to support this. You can easily walk from the northern Rockies in Montana/Wyoming/Idaho to where the original transplant wolves came from, Canada. They are biologically the same as the few that were already here and the ones ones that existed historically. The science is settled on this.

There is no science to support this. You can easily walk from the northern Rockies in Montana/Wyoming/Idaho to where the original transplant wolves came from, Canada. They are biologically the same as the few that were already here and the ones ones that existed historically. The science is settled on this.

I worked for one of the biologist in Idaho at the time he said what they were forcing was going to be an absolute disaster, the science was written by those who were not a decenting voice in these agencies.
I've seen both, you can say they are the same till your blue in the face but I've seen what we had and what we have and they are not the same. Everyone an their dog knew we had wolf packs before, when you have to shoot one every once in a while to keep them out of livestock you have a decent idea of what your looking at. There were packs but they definitely did not breed like rabbits like these do!
The Canadian wolves would swing through, you'd find one solo huge track, much bigger than what we were used to.
Why did they need transplanted if they easily move these distances, look how fast they moved from where they started here, in a short time they covered the same area they should have been able to just naturally move unless there was a reason they weren't moving down.

Why did they need transplanted if they easily move these distances, look how fast they moved from where they started here, in a short time they covered the same area they should have been able to just naturally move unless there was a reason they weren't moving down.

They were transplanted so the population resulting from the transplant could be considered "experimental, nonessential". Under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) there is, or was, a lot more leeway on how an experimental, nonessential population could be managed.

If the wolves recolonized the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem by moving to the area on their own they would have been fully protected by the ESA. It was thought full protection under the ESA would be more problematic, so wolves were quickly introduced so they could be classified experimental, nonessential.

ClearCreek

Rule #1: You cannot cure "stupid".

you can cure ignorance if the ignorant understand their ignorance. However, if the ignorant are stupid. (Don't know or accept their ignorance) Then refer to Rule #1.

Quote . They are biologically the same as the few that were already here
Then they should Eliminate all of them but the FEW, that were here, and let NATURE decide if they survive not people