Epic Absolute Hammer Vapor Trails

I didn't notice any vapour trail with the 124 HH out of my 6.5x47. But the 154 AH deadblow was very visible out of my 280 AI at 100 yds.

Nice trail. My 124's never did that. Wonder if the 154 AH deadblow is more noticeable because of the DEEP hollow point? Harder to get the cutting oil out?

Been through this multiple times-- the hammer bullets are machined with a specific cutting oil--- sometimes this oil gets stuck in the HP and it "slings out" when shot--- it creates a sort of smoke trail rather than a vapor trail....hammer bullets now incorporates a centrifugal type of cleaning process that usually gets rid of this cutting oil, but occasionally it still exists

I didn't notice any vapour trail with the 124 HH out of my 6.5x47. But the 154 AH deadblow was very visible out of my 280 AI at 100 yds.

Here is one from a 6.5 x 47L with the 124HH.
56723330-6B36-40EE-99A2-BCB368F7B4D6.jpeg

Been through this multiple times-- the hammer bullets are machined with a specific cutting oil--- sometimes this oil gets stuck in the HP and it "slings out" when shot--- it creates a sort of smoke trail rather than a vapor trail....hammer bullets now incorporates a centrifugal type of cleaning process that usually gets rid of this cutting oil, but occasionally it still exists
I used to shoot in a huge, flat pasture with a creek running through it. This almost always guaranteed an occasional sighting if I went early morning or late evening.

It seems to be more apparent the colder it is, the deer I shot this year was interesting because I saw the vapor trail hit the doe followed by the white puff from the lungs exiting the chest cavity out the far side.
04A8E965-1D09-47E6-A8A4-5C2C4B193622.png
FF88619E-D1DE-4CD4-91F1-09922F2FDE82.png

Well I thought it didn't quite look like vapor trails I've experienced in the past. So more of a burn out. That's gonna be epic on my PDog hunt!!! I almost wanna put some material in the HP - hahahaha

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.