Entry level Bow?

Go to a archery store and get fitted. There are a lot of great bows for sale on Craigslist for very good prices. Anything around 55-65lbs will take down most animals.

I will add that if you are shooting a compound get help studying your arrow flight and form so that you are learning properly as stated earlier. If you are going to shoot recurve or longbow, don't shoot with compound shooters until you are competent at your style. some people may disagree but it is very difficult to shoot 6-8 inch groups at 10-15yds when learning while your buddies are shooting 3 inch groups at 30+yds.

I have shot recurves but mainly compound for many years. We always practiced from 10-100yds. Our friends shooting long bows and recurves had fun but once we got past 15-20 yds they would get frustrated. We didn't do it to make them feel bad, we did it because we are big believers in practicing at long range so that when a 40-50yd shot presents itself its a piece of cake. At some of the shoots we went to we did have friends that could shoot recurves out to 40 plus yards very well, years of practice got them there. With a recurve or long bow you have to practice a lot or you will just get close.

Seems like you can usually find a used bow with all the fixings on it already for around $500, you could try that and take it to your local archery shop and have them fit you as a cheaper route compared to buying new

Honestly any bow can be entry level. My buddy bought a used Matthewson eBay and saved about 40% over a new one. This is his first bow and he loves it. The seller include the bow and nearly all the accessories including a very nice case.