Encore barrel or paramount

Not sure if/when tc changed the design of their breach plugs but my older style tc barrel is a bitch to clean while sighting in. Had to disassemble the whole gun just to swab, I've seen kits to change the setup but it just ****ed me off I sold a traditions buck stalker that was simple to clean to buy that barrel and I hate it. If you'd be interested in a blued older barrel I'll let it go for $200 plus shipping.

I have a 15" 45 caliber pistol barrel from MGM and it's a shooter. It's pictured in my avatar. They have some videos on their website where they are shooting one of their 45 cal. muzzleloader rifle barrels at 300 yds. You should watch.

I personally have a paramount pro in 45 cal and like it .It's a good gun with some tweaks .The varaflame system is a weak point but with arrowhead ignition system there solid .I would highly recommend a break from anarchy outdoors. With out it it kicks like a mule.

Go with the Encore and replace the extractor with a ez tip extractor to allow removal of the breach plug without having to remove the barrel.

1671024215598.jpeg

What just-jon said! I love my encore. Loaded with BH209 I've shot up to 20 rounds without swabbing bore or accuracy degrading. Will shoot around an inch at 100 yards. If you have a frame your golden.

Powder valley had BH209 earlier today. You're on your own with the primers. It's not exactly raining 209 primers either. EA Brown sells a breach plug that uses 25 ACP brass and small rifle primers for the Encore.

Powder valley had BH209 earlier today. You're on your own with the primers. It's not exactly raining 209 primers either. EA Brown sells a breach plug that uses 25 ACP brass and small rifle primers for the Encore.
Looks like they have Vari-flame 2 breech plugs too, which can take a LR mag primer for use with BH209.

Is one system better than the other?

I've never used the vari-flame. And I haven't tried the 25 ACP ones. I would think you would need a different extractor to use them. Maybe comes with it.

I still have 40 CCI 209 mag primers left and praying to find some more before I run out. I do have a couple hundred federal 209's laying around.

I removed extractor on my Encore ML 15 years ago, prob 100's of shots later and 209 primer has never been issue to remove. Breach plug never an issue. Most guys I know do same.