Elr tuner brake

Bravo 4

Very interesting, I've played around with a self timing brake on a couple rifles to see if one half or full turn made a difference. I didn't see any on the two I tried, a .300 WinMag and a .338 RUM, but that doesn't mean other rifles won't. Do you have any results to post? I have a fairly long (36") barrel for my Snipetac that may be a candidate.

TwistedFox

These are not self timing breaks these are tuner brakes one half of a revolution starts making defined changes in all calibers cartridges and Barrel Contours.. the extensive testing I was able to tune harmonics out of any Barrel even making factory ammo that shot 1.500 inch groups to shoot sub quarter minute groups

Buck Fever

Good idea but I would suggest adding a vernier so that the position can be recorded and reestablished easily if you are not keeping track.

Also, if you could figure a way to do ball detents instead of set screws that would be nice.

quigley257

Am I understanding this right? The brake is a fixed design, but the outer collar can be indexed in and out for tuning? So the brake ports would need to be timed and set by a gunsmith during install?

TwistedFox

Good idea but I would suggest adding a vernier so that the position can be recorded and reestablished easily if you are not keeping track.

Also, if you could figure a way to do ball detents instead of set screws that would be nice.
That's what the witness Mark and the little round machine dots are can paint in whatever color you want for different locations

asd9055

How is this different from the Browning and Winchester BOSS system? I have a bunch of Winchesters with BOSS and love them but the majority of the people hate them

TwistedFox

Could this brake replace the boss on a browning A bolt ?
The boss is a self timming tuner and is a radial brake the is not that efficent. This brake is indexed to your barrel and is fixed the weigh is shifted with out moving location of brake only weight and this brake wont blast dirt in your face

Trending threads