ELR rimfire. Got out to 1004 yds again today.

Sartorius. I don't have one but that would do it.

The best the Sartorius can do is 0.015 grains ... that only gets you to 1% on a 22lr charge. 0.1 grains out of a 40 grain charge is 0.25%. What would happen to your ES and STD if you could only measure your centerfire charge within 0.4 grains?

My 6ppc would still shoot one hole. As would my 300wsm heavy gun. My Creed would struggle some it only has a 1/2 grain node. I'm sure someone will figure out how to weigh it. Has to be a better way than volumetric.
Shep

Squirrels are committing suicide after reading this post. I was feeling pretty good about my groups at 600 until I read thiso_O. Pretty cool and awesome just to have the motivation to work out a solution to make it work! Great work and congrats!

So how far can a guy direct dial with the average 22lr if he has a typical 100 moa travel scope . With a 100 yard zero
Depends on the type of ammo you are using and if you still actually have the whole 100moa to come up, if you are using match ammo (which is subsonic) and still have 100moa of elevation you could make it as far as 500yds depending on the weather in your area.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.