Elk Hunting Unit 851 Bosque Del Oso

SHRTSHTR

Hi,

I drew an Elk tag after 17 year wait in southern Colorado. It is in area 851 Bosque Del Oso wildlife area.

Looking for information about this unit from someone who has hunted Elk in this area. This wildlife area is adjacent to the famous "Hill Ranch".

Any info would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ray

Sorry I can't help with the hunt info but wanted to say congrats on the tag. The only bit of advise I would give is to be patient. I read a down report that said most bulls taken in these premier units score about 300. Guys see a 6pt and hammer him.

Are you going guided or unguided? Will you be able to scout? I'm excited for you.

Thank you Bowman for the reply. This area is full of roads due to the gas companies in the area. Most of the area is walk-in only.
I plan on going several times to scout the area and get familiar with the drainages.
I will have horses and a friend who is a Elk guide on the hunt.
It should be an exciting hunt and can't wait!

Ray

Sounds like you have a solid plan. You're going to have a great time. Please post your pictures of your hunt. Good luck to you

I'm Thinking about Non Res chance at a Bosque Del Oso Co. archery tag this year. How did your hunt go?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.