Elk Hunting For The Layman - Part 2

ADMIN

Administrator
What follows is a detailed account of one of my self-guided elk hunts. This typical elk hunting trip started on Wednesday night before the opening Saturday of the first rifle season, with all of the camping and pack gear loaded into the noses of two gooseneck 24' horse trailers. All of our food was loaded in the back of one pickup truck, and the horse feed was loaded into another. Then it was off to bed as early as possible.
Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Elk Hunting For The Layman - Part 2, By T. W. "Tommy" Cornelison. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Good read. Was nice to see how structured you where and followed rules. To often growing up hunting with budies it was to much goofing off. You can imgine how little sucess we had then.

Good hunting

BT

Tommy, it sounds like you and your buds all now the area and have the hunt totally planed out before hand! Good Planning!
You sure do work your tails off for those elk!
I too returned this year feeling that I am getting too old for this sport.
It's now been 2 weeks and I'm thinking that I might be able to pull it off one more year....... WAIT!
I still have to take my uncle and cousin out cow hunting in December this year!... We'll see how I feel after that hunt is over.

Thanks again for sharing a great piece of your adventure with us all.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.