Elk huntin today...

NONYA

Kind off...picked up the heaviest elk shed Ive ever held the other day,it was jamme into the ground,looks like he knocked it off midwinter while jumping a fench on our place,its 100%,no broke tines,critter chews,ect..here it is on a Eberlystock Halftrack,talk about coming out heavy!
BIGBROWN.jpg

bb4.jpg

Good good job, thats neat never seen an elk shed before. You are very lucky to live in an area that you can do that. When do elk as a general rule loose them?
mike

Hey NONYA, nice work! Ive been out movin cows and seen some nice sheds a time or two, but none like that. I wouldve loved to be riding a broke horse at the time, but that never seemed to be the case. I did however collect a few piles. In two years, my buddy and I had 3 piles about 3ft around and 2ft high that we put in front of the line shack we lived in in the summer (cow camp). Then after hunting season one year, they were gone, along with all of our DentyMore stew, and cans of chilli from the cupboards. How they ever dissappeared I dont know, cause it was about 13 miles from the nearest road. Mustve been some ''eager thieves''. Oh well easy come easy go. At least none of em were ''trophies'' like yours. It was alot of fun finding them.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts