Elk drop camps

florida boy

I've been looking into a drop camp hunt and wondering if anyone had suggestions on an outfitter they have used or any info. I've been researching Montana, New Mexico, and Colorado. Any help would be appreiciated.

Whomever you choose make sure to get plenty of reviews from previous customers, both successful and those that were not. Some friends of mine went this route a couple of years ago without checking and paid the price. $2500. and got burnt. They went to Co.

It's really tough to find great drop in camps, sometimes you'll get stuck in an area that filled with lots of other hunters. Plus without scouting an area any, your luck is going down drastically. +1 on the calling LOTS of their previous clients. I'd prefer a DIY anytime.

It's really tough to find great drop in camps, sometimes you'll get stuck in an area that filled with lots of other hunters. Plus without scouting an area any, your luck is going down drastically. +1 on the calling LOTS of their previous clients. I'd prefer a DIY anytime.
Yes went to Colorado a couple years ago on a drop camp it was like keeping with your gun

In south central Colorado from my experience it is hard to beat Bart Caldwell ( Conejos Canyon Outfitters ) I've used him and he ran a first class operation.

agree with others on vetting / references !!
Bad thing is that the top Drop Camp outfitters are usually booked a full year out. And they allow their customers to resign up before an outsider can get spot. I agree with this logic it just makes it tougher for newbie to get spot.

Back to Bart listed above, it was hard to call his set up a DIY drop camp. Hell, he cut my firewood for my wood burning stove, set up tent by creek and it was fully furnished except for sleeping bag, food and rifle.