Elk - 2014 LRH Group Hunt

dynadope09 and others.

There are one, maybe two spots left.

The draw deadline is the end of this month (January, 2014)

Anyone interested email me asap.

[email protected]

Include the following info in your email.

• Subject line: 2014 LRH Elk Hunt
  • Phone number: I may want to call you to chat

I want to go on a elk hunt such as this sometime, but I am somewhat disabled but can still ride and camp, I just can't walk long distances or very fast. Also, what is the average distance for a good shot. M1955

Len,

I would like to commit to the 2014 Group Elk Hunt. I will send a check to the outfitter NLT Monday, January 6th.

My email address is [email protected].

I will call you tomorrow for additional information.

Respectfully,

Jeffrey

Hey Len. I'm trying to check this all out. The links aren't working for the WY DNR. Has the ship sailed on buying preference points, and how much are they? Do you have to buy the license by the end of the month, or are the special licenses still available up until a closer date? Sorry for being ignorant about this process. It's pretty simple in VA :)

Also, I've been trolling this site for a year now. Love the content! Has really helped me as I begin to expand my hunting and shooting horizons!

[email protected]

Subject line: 2014 LRH Elk Hunt
Phone number: I may want to call you to chat

Len
Count me in on the last spot.
Tried calling yesterday afternoon, but would not go thru, saying all circuits busy.
Sent you a text as well.
Call me when you have the time.
Jim

Ok, I can now bring everyone up to date.

The last 2 spots were filled.

8 New Openings
But I have some good news. Because of the interest shown, Robb Wiley the outfitter has moved some individual openings around on his hunt schedule and can accomodate a 2nd LRH group of up to 8 more guys all in one spot.

This 2nd camp location is actually the one we LRH'ers just hunted. Called Deadman Camp. That camp isn't real far by crow from the 2014 Camp #1 but it is a couple hours drive around and on the other side of the mountain range so those hunting at the 2nd camp called Deadman, will likely not see the other guys even though the dates overlap.

I already have a signed hunt application from Jeff who has no points but wants in on Camp #2. So there are 7 spots left in Camp #2.

Dates for Camp #2 (Deadman) are October 21 to 25 as hunting dates.

You'd be arriving the afternoon before the 21st and have a range shooting session similar to what I described with this year's group. That was 5 times better than any other pre-hunt sighting-in session I have had in 2 dozen guided hunts. Steel targets and rocks out to at least 600 yards. Paper target and bench at 100 yards. Instruction on a side-hill-shooting sticks technique that is killer.

Preference Points:
The first group had points and I wanted the last 2 guys in to have points and they do. Without any points but using the Special tag draw the odds in 2013 were 86%. So the outfitter and I will not require that any of the 2nd camp hunters have more than zero points. Obviously if you do that's better or cheaper by virtue of being able to use the regular draw.

[email protected]

1. Subject line: 2014 LRH Elk Hunt - CAMP #2
  2. Points: Tell me how many WY elk points you already have
  3. Phone number: I may want to call you to chat
  4. Real Name
  5. Screen Name

Len I a in the 2014 2nd group hunt have my form but need to talk to you can you call me edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.