Eley Subsonic 38 gr.

LoneTraveler

The Eley Subsonic Hollow Point 40 gr. bullet ammo is disappearing from listings from places to order on the internet. They are now listing a Eley Subsonic Hollow Point 38 gr. is now being stocked.
Has any one shot and compared the accuracy of the new 38 gr. bullet with the old 40 gr. bullet?

Interesting.....I wonder why? If the new bullet expands good it will lessen the chance of pass thru shots on small game. Just a thought....

I just bought a new CZ 457 installed a 6X18 Leopold scope. The new Eley Subsonic 38 Gr. HP shoot better in this rifle than my old stock of Eley Subsonic 40 Gr. HP.
Combination worked great as a collector for Squirrel Fry fixings.

I have two lots of Eley SSHP on hand. One is probably 2-3 years old, the other I just received. The bullet weights were very consistent within lot, one was 35 grains, the other 40, all + or - 0.20 grains. No weight was listed on the box of either lot. Proves the importance of testing. The difference in weight is not going to affect performance to any noticeable degree. Just shoot what works for you, and when you find the right lot, buy all you can afford.

dreamhunt, The only place I found the bullet weight on the new ELEY SS 38gr. was on the cover of the brick wrapper, There was a small tag that said 38 Gr. bullet.

I took My CZ 457 to the range a few days ago, It shot CCI Subsonic HP better than it did the Eley. If it shoots CCI subsonic HP better I will be happy, Will be able to shoot for half price of Eley's subsonic HP.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.