Elevation Dial Label - Testers Needed

sxwatson

I've created a program that creates BDC labels in PDF format that can be printed and applied to an existing scope elevation knob. I would like to ask for some assistance testing it from fellow LRH forum members if they are interested.

Here is a picture of one on my rifle...

DSCN0375.jpg

If you would be interested in testing one out, please shoot me a PM. You'll need to provide some load data and scope data for the label to be created.

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited:
I have been doing the exact same thing for about 3 years now. I print mine out on envelope labels and just stick them on my turret, then I go over it with clear tape to waterproof it. And you are right, very economical and easy to redo if you change your load.

Good job, I hope it works out for you, I think this is a very good option for anybody looking for a BDC turret on a budget!

-X3M

Excuse me for my ignorance, but I'm not seeing the advantage here. I don't understand how it is any different than looking at a card and twiddling your elevation? Are you somehow figuring out how to make BDC with info and that is its purpose? I was looking at your example and it looks like a normal turret with 1/4" clicks. Again, just looking for an explanation. I read your post and maybe I missed something.

Tank

Liltank,

The label is a BDC. If you look closely at the picture below you'll see that each hash mark with a number to the left is a 100 yard increment 2 = 200, 3 = 300, 4 = 400, etc... The three hash marks in between the numbered hash marks are in 25 yard increments. This label was run for a 6.5-284 140 Berger VLD @ 3016 fps, 3000 ft elevation, 70 degrees.

Scott

BlackV1.jpg

Thanks,

Scott

The numbers on the label are referencing yardages not MOA.
2 = 200
3 = 300
10 = 1000

This was done to save space.

If you provide the drops out to 1500 or 2000 yards in 25, 50 or 100 yards increments I could create a label for you in just a few minutes and send it to you in a PDF document via email. You'd have to provide some details about the scope knob and MOA adjustments for the label to be created.

Scott

Last edited:
Im interested butI AM REWORKING MY LOAD RIGHT NOW, if I get it done Ill try you again

I'm interested also. Currently in load development and should have it ready in a week. Is this offer still active?

Id give er a whirl if you still need volunteers, tho the only scope I have that doesnt already have a bdc of some kind is a Nikon Buckmaster. Out what distance do you need feedback? And is there a certain way we need to keep track of the info like a graph or chart or instructions on how you want it recorded? Let me know............

I've started working on a web site that could be used to produce your own labels. I haven't had a lot of time to work on it so haven't gotten very far.

In the mean time I'm willing to generate labels for anyone interested. PM me the following info and I'll produce a label for you.

1. Turret diameter
2. Turret height (only the area the label will be adhered to)
3. Number of MOA in one click
4. Number of MOA in a full rotation of the turret.
5. Yardage and drop for that yardage starting at 0 and going out through as far as you want the label to go (in MOA) or provide bullet info, velocity at the muzzle, environment conditions and 0 yardage to max yardage.

Feedback on how the labels work is always appreciated. I haven't shot in months due to work consuming all of my time and the few people who have received labels already haven't provided anything in terms of feedback.

Thanks,

Scott

Winmag,

If you are interested I would like to run a label for a scope you have that already had a BDC on it to see how the label matches up with the BDC turret.

Scott

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.