Electronics- AirPods, or “old school” corded ear phones?

AirPods or corded earpieces?

• Total voters

Calpoly93

So here's a question. Do you carry AirPods to listen to music or podcasts or do you carry corded earpieces? I can see pros and cons for both. AirPods need to be charged, and have a separate case they can also be lost the drop out of your ear while you're climbing on rocks etc. Corded ones can't be lost or drop out of your ears. They also don't need to be recharged. The downside to the corded earpieces is the cord...?
which do you use?

I just bought my first pair of air pods then found out after that you could only have one blue tooth device running at a time. So if I wear my Garmin to track my HR etc, the air buds will get terrible feedback. Went back to regular earbuds with a cord until I do some more research

E2FC7BBA-9472-4BFC-AF4C-2A72DB84E250.jpeg
These are just plain awesome and the sound quality cannot be beat

How long do the batteries last before needing to be recharged? And do you wear these at the range also?
No I don't wear them at the range it says six hours the longest I've worn them is about three with no problem whatsoever when you plug them in and it charges the box that they rest in and that actually has a battery I've used them three times before I actually plug the box back in so they will recharge at least three times without needing plugged in

I have tons of 60's and 70' songs on my phone for listening while I am mowing or BT to my truck radio. I have an inexpensive (~$36) Walker pair of muffs that BT to my phone for mowing and range which have worked extremely well.

Air pods tried and didn't like and still use corded at times.

When I am hunting, the only true musical sounds I want to hear are Mother Nature's. Birds, squirrels, chipmunks, shrews, insects and maybe once in a while a deer walking in are the true musical sounds that I love to hear so no listening to other things on stand. That is the only true music to my ears!

Could not get those to stay in my ears. I switched to Beats, they work great.
They have three different size earpieces surely you just needed to change and get the proper size they work great for me
I cannot get any earpieces to stay in my ears, no matter the size. The wife got me some JLab that hook over your ear and I wear them all the time working out and such. When hunting I can have those (or just one) under my Peltor muffs, or the Howard Leights come with a simple chord to plug in to your phone.

I wear my Sony mx1000 halo style ear buds. They have a bunch of different 'adapters' for fitment. I use the ones that are slightly bigger than are comfortable for long periods of use. I used to use a set of klipsch but the battery died, so I cut the buds off an keep them as back up.

They both work for all my shooting except my 300 mag with a brake that is excessively lound. I don't know why but my friends says it's the loudest thing they have ever shot.

Very good fitting foam is the most important thing by far. If they fit well enough they are basically ear plugs. But for stalking, active hearing protection is a must.
Ill try to find my buddy's brand but they have Bluetooth too

So here's a question. Do you carry AirPods to listen to music or podcasts or do you carry corded earpieces? I can see pros and cons for both. AirPods need to be charged, and have a separate case they can also be lost the drop out of your ear while you're climbing on rocks etc. Corded ones can't be lost or drop out of your ears. They also don't need to be recharged. The downside to the corded earpieces is the cord...?
which do you use?
I didn't realize people wear either while hiking or hunting.
There is absolutely no way I would waste any of my time in the mountains/woods taking in any sounds other than nature.
I put ear plugs in before I shoot but that is all. I think handicapping one of your senses to listen to music is silly.