Electric knife sharpener????

I used to use a saw to cut through the bones. Now I use pruning shears to cut through the legs, pubic bone and even the breast bone. Snip snip and you are done!!!!

joseph
Yep, run the shears down each side of the breast bone at the joint of the ribs and it'll sail through like a knife through butter.

If you want to take the ribs whole to barbecue it works just as well along the spine.

Yeah I just got one after looking at them for about a year and a half best sharpening system I have ever seen.

I was skeptical I have been sharpening my knives by hand ever since my dad taught me how when I was eight or so and have tried a few of the other so called sharpeners and they were terrible.

The Work Sharp is by far the easiest and best one I have ever seen if your knife already has a bevel that is close to the guides you can make them shaving sharp in a few minutes. I sharpened all my hunting knives, my wifes kitchen knives and my pocket knives in less than 30 minutes and you can literally shave hair with everyone of them.

I am a general contractor by trade and appreciate commercial grade tools I was pretty skeptical of all the plastic on this one, but it works awesome. Hope that helps

Jordan

ALL ABOVE ABOUT THE Work Sharp is exactly right!!!!!!!!!!!1

I learned to sharpen knives, axes, hoes, etc. using plain files and stones.

If you want to stop flirting with garbage and get real about sharpening this WS tool is THE TOOL! Just be careful, you will truly get a hair shaving edge.

yeah,ihad an electric sharpener once, cant remember the name,did a great job,but I noticed the blade on my good hunting knives slowly dissappearing after 12 months so I traded it on a lansky hand sharpener set, with five stones and a jig to get the bevels right.I would suggest that you only use em to grind a new bevel on your knife once in awhile and on new knives to start off with,unless of cause you like wearing out knives Cheers from Clarky

Well - when it comes to jerky recipes and knife sharpeners I have as many as most anyone.
Anyone know if this system will sharpen a gut hook. I've used a series of hand files but have had some issues in that by the time I get them touched up and razor sharp I've got too much of a bevel and there goes your durability.

I've pretty much went the havalon route for in the field in that we bone everything at the kill site but when it comes to the butcher room this sharpener just might be a plus.

I'll have to stand as amazed. While I prefer traditional methods, it appears to work well.

Darex btw, is a respected manufacturer of tool room cutter grinders and hi-precision drill grinders. I have a Darex cutter grinder and it was a bit more than 70 bucks. About 100 times 70 bucks.........:)

I'll have to check one out.....

I used to use a saw to cut through the bones. Now I use pruning shears <( LOPPERS ) to cut through the legs, pubic bone and even the breast bone. Snip snip and you are done!!!!

joseph

I like the straight jaw pruners better then the curved ones for cutting the bones..

joseph

Attachments

• loppers .png
    loppers .png
    34.8 KB · Views: 65
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts