ELDMs Blowing up mid flight

slowshot18

My 28 nosler has approximately 120 round down the tube as of today. Its a 26" proof 1:8. The first 100 rounds did well, mainly for load development, zeroing, etc. I've been using 1 box of Hornady 180 ELDMs (just opened a new box for these last 20 rounds), N570, with ADG brass. My 180's are from several different lots (tough times finding bulk supplies).
As of now, my load with 82 gr of N570 is pushing the 180's to 3130 fps.
Today at my local range I was finally setting the zero stop on my scope. These rounds were with the new box of 180 ELDMs. First 3 rounds were fine, made and adjustment, then I get this on the target, 3 inches high, when I have yet to touch the elevation:
tumble 1.jpg

At first, I thought the bullet just tumbled. Well, it did tumble, but it was also coming apart. Upon closer examination, you can see the gray marks on the paper when part of the jacket impacted the paper, with a shape that is not just a tumbling bullet. Started to think well, may be it was due to me recently stripping down the barrel and just shrugged it off.

Went 5 for 5 with no issues. Even let the barrel get rather warm during that string too. It was fine. Then the next 3 groups of 3 had issues, with at least 1 round going way off target and never making the paper. I had a friend observe the impacts as well.

I was lucky enough to catch another separation on paper. This one you can clearly see the gray marks on the paper where the deformed jacket was striking the paper.

TUmble 2.jpg

Has anyone else had this problem? I've read about 28 noslers having ELDMs blowing up completely when speeds exceed 3200 fps. I'm also aware that QA/QC has probably gone down the drain too, given the state of the industry.
With this experience, the expense to shoot this rifle, and me needing to have it dialed in before November, I ordered 150 rounds of 177 gr hammer hunts. At least with solids the odds of them coming apart are slim mid flight.

699870C0-CD35-47CF-8625-3C1619F6E516.jpeg
F42B3E38-0AD2-4512-8C3E-55379066FE61.png
Not a good picture, but this was the throat of the 28 after the first 30 rounds and a light cleaning. I understand what you're saying now! Cleaned a bit more after this picture and a lot of it went away.

In regards to overspinning, the eldms have 1:8 on the box (I'm assuming for their BC estimates).

I've run the 180 eld in an 8.75 twist bartlein 5r with n570. I've routinely pushed them in excess of 3180. So far no blow ups. N570 is extremely harsh on a barrel. It's so harsh that now I only make one shot per day once a rifle is sighted. N570 is the fastest powder I've saw that is fairly tame as far as temp stability when compared to other powders close to it's burn rate. Retumbo is usually not hardly as fast as n570 in most cartridges but it's gentler on a barrel

I've run the 180 eld in an 8.75 twist bartlein 5r with n570. I've routinely pushed them in excess of 3180. So far no blow ups. N570 is extremely harsh on a barrel. It's so harsh that now I only make one shot per day once a rifle is sighted. N570 is the fastest powder I've saw that is fairly tame as far as temp stability when compared to other powders close to it's burn rate. Retumbo is usually not hardly as fast as n570 in most cartridges but it's gentler on a barrel
this is a prefect example. A little less twist and no barrel heat.

Curious if you tried them at distance? I noticed 208's and 140's having trouble between 4-500 yards but they looked great at 200