ELD-X vs LR AccuBond vs Berger

FatGuy

Has anyone had a chance to try out the Nosler Long Range AccuBonds? I'm working on finding a new load for my 7mm Rem Mag. So far I have picked up some 162 gr ELD-X and just today grabbed a box of 175 gr LR AccuBonds. Also wondering if anyone one has any hunting experience with any of these bullets including Bergers. I have head some great and some not so great from both Bergers and the ELD-X but so far the ELD-X sounds like the better hunting bullet.

Yes I have used the LR Accubonds. All 175 Grain for my 28 Nosler. With that gun we killed 5 elk and 2 deer with it as a family. The longest shot was my brothers 550 yard shot on a 6 point bull elk, one shot to the lungs downed him, he didn't even move. On my general season cow at 250 yards was the only bullet that didn't pass all the way through. It was high front shoulder. I was able to recover this bullet. All the holes opened up very well with great expansion and weight retention. I definitely recommend them!

Pictures from previous post

Attachments

• IMG_1352.jpg
    IMG_1352.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_0779.jpg
    IMG_0779.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 406
  • 8E18651B-E853-40BD-9CE8-38A8A6321526.jpg
    8E18651B-E853-40BD-9CE8-38A8A6321526.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 390
How was the exit on the others that the bullets went through? I was looking into getting a 28 nosler for a while but already have a 7mm rem mag so I've been thinking bigger like a 338 cal.

How was the exit on the others that the bullets went through? I was looking into getting a 28 nosler for a while but already have a 7mm rem mag so I've been thinking bigger like a 338 cal.

All the other Exits were good holes. From various distances they all would leave the animal dead in there tracks.I should have taken pictures of them. The preformance was great Other than the one cow that I was able to recover the bullet from but that can expected on tough bones on elk. 338 Cal Could be a great gun as well I have heard they are making a 265 Accubond Long Range for the 338.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.