Eld x vs berger

500 yards was the furthest I was willing to shoot without a chronograph verified speed. I couldn't get my darn range finder out of my jacket so it was all a guess.

Not totally scientific but certainly worth considering. I appreciate his efforts.

How Berger hunting bullets work:
All of our Hunting bullets are made in the VLD or Hybrid designs. These designs incorporate a sharp nose and slightly thinner jacket that allows the bullet to penetrate 2" to 3" before it starts to expand. After the bullet starts to expand it will shed 40% to 85% of its weight as shrapnel into the surrounding tissue (internal organ). The combination between the shrapnel and the hydrostatic shock produces a massive wound cavity within the vital area (internal organs) that will be 13" to 15" long. This massive wound cavity results in the animal dropping fast since most go into shock after such a tremendous blow. Those animals that don't go down immediately will soon succumb to blood pressure loss and/or organ failure producing a quick ethical kill. Our bullets don't poke through like an arrow (high weight retention, deep penetration bullets) but instead dump their energy where it is most effective, inside the animal.

I haven't shot any of the new Hornady ELD bullets, but I have shot alot of previous Hornady bullets, and other brands, and honestly, it only took me 1 season at the range, and the following hunting season to be hooked on Bergers. They shot so well, and performed so well on game, I was hooked.

Give each a try, find what you like.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.