Eld x vs berger

Haven't heard much about hunting with Tipped Match Kings but there is a member here who works for Sierra that used a TMK on a nice deer he killed. Seemed to work fine.

I've hunted quite a bit with Sierra Game Kings. They've been fine for the shots I used them for, which is short to "not to long" range. The lead tips deform badly in the mag box. Probably doesn't matter much for most situations but somehow I can't see how that's good for a long shot. I like Sierra as a company but I wish they'd come up with something that shoots amazing at long range that they recommend for hunting.

It's Conservation Reserve Program but ya tall grass to hunt in!

Yup was our neighbors. We have 500 acres of delta swampland that was put in it, i never hunt it though. Despite it backing up to thousands of acres of a huge hunting club with premier whitetail. I'm just not a woods/cutover/crp type. I like lanes and fields.

The 6.5 Sierra 150s have the same drop as the 147eldms out of my creedmoor. I'm able to get about 40 FPS more with the 147s. The sierras will not hold the accuracy at long range in my rifle even though they have a slight edge at 100.
What is the muzzle velocity of your 147s?

Watching this thread as I'm loading for 260 Rem and want to get the 143 ELd-x to work. Any advice on loads that might use H1000 (nothing too encouraging yet so far with this powder), H4831 (untried as of yet), or H4350 (soon to arrive)? Have a bunch of the 140 Berger VLDs loaded for weekend testing but not fully confident with terminal performance and like what I hear about ELD-x.
I bet H4350 is going to be your answer.

I bet H4350 is going to be your answer.
I'm looking forward to trying it. I have Berger load data for H4350 but my Hornady load manual doesn't list H4350 for the 143 ELD-x in 260 Remington. they list every powder under the sun for the Creedmoor—not surprising as it's their design.

Weight seems to be really close, (+ or - .1 grain) but you to have to watch the ogive.
It seems to vary from lot to lot. Hopefully they get that figured out. I just adjust my die and keep the BTO the same and haven't seen any difference in poi out to 1000. It's a bit of a pita, but not that big of a deal.

I've killed with both but my results from this last year have solidified my trust in the ELD-X. I had a shot at an elk at 450 yards, beautiful broadside shot. Somewhere in the half second time of flight, he turned to go uphill. Bullet entered the ham, through the guy, through the lungs, and nice softball size exit wound in his brisket. Bullet shattered the femur on the way in and was still able to make it all the way south to North on an elk. I will continue to load the ELD-X with that kind of performance. 162 ELD-X in a Tikka 7RM.

I've killed with both but my results from this last year have solidified my trust in the ELD-X. I had a shot at an elk at 450 yards, beautiful broadside shot. Somewhere in the half second time of flight, he turned to go uphill. Bullet entered the ham, through the guy, through the lungs, and nice softball size exit wound in his brisket. Bullet shattered the femur on the way in and was still able to make it all the way south to North on an elk. I will continue to load the ELD-X with that kind of performance. 162 ELD-X in a Tikka 7RM.

How fast are you pushing them? That is quite the performance

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.