Eld vs berger extreme range comparison

Btw I am not saying this solves the debate. Just good video.

Anyone who is bored can watch hours of goods stuff on their channel. I like them because I feel they are humble no bs type folks. They don't appear to edit out their missed shots on the way to the hit. That is my opinion anyway. They can sure shoot though. Just watched this one and was impressed how soon they hit.

Well to answer your question all you need to do is go to a 1000 yard benchrest shoot and see how many people are shooting berger vs hornady bullets. If you can even find someone shooting a hornady bullet competitively i will be surprised. Another thing you can do is weight out 50 bergers vs 50 eld hornady bullets. Bergers will win out everytime. It's to bad being hornady is only a couple hours from me and I have toured their plant. They have a nice facility and I'd like to support the local team but I just cant.

No doubt bergers are more consistent and will definitely out shoot hornady. Where hornady comes in is for the guys who aren't competition shooters and only need about .3-.5 moa groups to fill their needs and dont want to or cant spend the money on the bergers. I personally shoot hornady for the simple reason of I can afford to shoot alot more with hornadys and I can achieve sub .5 moa groups no problems. At that point for me, it boils down to how much trigger time I can get in.

In about 2004kyle brown set the light gun pensilvania 10shot group record with 105amax bullets those were hornady took 2 years for that group to be beat don't count hornady bullets out they take a lot of sorting but some barrels will shoot them very small. For there test which is fun to watch and do did they take the time to develop an accurate load and re sight in ? Or just throw something together and wing it out ther ? Have talked to many about how many minutes 1bullet versus another thing if you don't do your part all the way the test will always be screwed one way or the other. It's still fun to watch but you have to. Do the whole thing for it to work. Cody finch

Hornady just don't hold their bullets to the same standards as Berger or even sierra. That's the bottom line. I still shoot them, mostly in 224 bc they are cheap. I had great hopes for the eld line of bullets but it didn't take long for me to be disappointed. I wish hornady would get there crap together. It's sad that I go to a shoot and see their 6 and 6.5 creedmore cartridges used alot but none of them are using hornady bullets. Hornady brass is even worse than their bullets.

The only ELD I'm shooting is the 285 grain ELD. I was hope the Nosler RDF was the next big thing, but I'm having trouble with fliers. Sierra has been stepping it up, and they know how to make a match bullet. The problem with the newer offerings is standard twist are soon becoming NOT standard twists....

I value my range time too much to skimp on bullets. Nothing but Bergers for me with the exception of SMK 168s in a gas gun. I am running 180 VLDs with trimmed points in a 7 WSM. Superb accuracy.

I value my range time too much to skimp on bullets. Nothing but Bergers for me with the exception of SMK 168s in a gas gun. I am running 180 VLDs with trimmed points in a 7 WSM. Superb accuracy.

Berger for target practice but I prefer the ELD-x for hunting.
Shot both but found eld perform more consistent over a wider range. With that being said my sample rate is maybe 20 animals from 500 to 700 yards.

Close range both perform good with the eld holding together better

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.