ELD-Match Bullet Testing

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
Did it make the opposite side
Yeah it was a high shot that traveled up at a sharp angle and exited through the spine.
I posted it in a separate thread Rich, and I think you correctly pointed out that it looked like I hit a branch before impact creating a devastating splattet impact wound.
These are really good bullets and the BC's are legit in my experience, but I would not use them on big game within 300 yards.

Yeah it was a high shot that traveled up at a sharp angle and exited through the spine.
I posted it in a separate thread Rich, and I think you correctly pointed out that it looked like I hit a branch before impact creating a devastating splattet impact wound.
These are really good bullets and the BC's are legit in my experience, but I would not use them on big game within 300 yards.
Ok, I remember that one! Didn't realize it was the same.

Yeah I shot a bull with the 147 ELD-M at 350 yards this year, very explosive terninal performance I am confident that a shoulder hit would result In a wounded elk disaster...
Update on the 180 eld-m, I recently used the advertised. 796 bc out to 1300 yards with my 28 nosler and it was dead on.
These are great long range bullets just know their limitations
It's because they don't want to believe they're paying 10 bucks more a box for a bullet with a significantly lower bc. To be perfectly honest, the 7mm 180 hybrid is not that impressive once you stack it up to a 180 eld or a 183 smk. Same with they're 6.5mm 140s. It's got just about the lowest bc in its class.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.