Elcan Digital Hunter

CS T

Official LRH Sponsor
See Elcan Digital Hunter In Our Store

Just added them to the site and we have them in-stock: Elcan Digital Hunter Digital Rifle Scope 2.5-16.5x. We are going to be bringing you more info on these in the days to come. Innovative design with recording features. Click on the link above for more details.

Elcan_DigitalHun_4b70bf7ab2997.jpg

I think this would be great when introducing kids or anyone for that matter to hunting; not to mention a neat toy for myself. I've been searching for reviews. There's not a lot but I read something where this wouldn't be good for over 200 yards, can you elaborate or correct mis-information.

I will get more info and post it. We are going to do a review on it but it will not be for a few weeks.

Mike @ CST

Thanks Mike. You recommend "No" on competition....why exactly?...not robust enough or what??????? 30-339

I see the ELCAN Digital Hunter being great for a hunter that wants to get his hunt on video I also see it being great training tool. The elevation adjustment is in 25yds increments, they are digital image (not like looking through glass). Here are the reasons I say the Digital Hunter will be a great training tool it will allow the trainer to see how steady the shooter is behind the rifle, be able to see if the shooter anticipate the shot before the rifle goes off, see how fast the shooter gets back on target, will aide in teaching holdover for elevation and wind-age, and so on.

Mike @ CST

Last edited:
I think this would be great when introducing kids or anyone for that matter to hunting; not to mention a neat toy for myself.

I agreee... : )

I read something where this wouldn't be good for over 200 yards, can you elaborate or correct mis-information.

That's misinformation to me. In the video, towards the end at 2:46, you'll see me hit some turkey steel with a holdover shot. That shot was at 440 yards. As they say in sports, "The film doesn't lie."

prc104 On CalGuns posted the following feedback:
The free reticle software from the Elcan website allows you to put logo's or other graphics in there also.

Elevation is set by pushbutton controls on top of the scope. or you can just design your own reticle with blips/cross hatches for different ranges if you don't want to count mildots or whatever.

On the video output to record, be kind of neat to try it with a video headset.

I've got (2) of them and they are pretty interesting. They eat batteries like crazy thought. Rechargeable Lithium Ion seems to work for about 4 hours at the range. So you need to carry extra's. But I can recharge them in the truck on my lunch break. The batteries are a ***** to take out, I always feel like I'm going to break something.

They seem to be built fairly well, the mount is a simple claw type mount but functional. They also come with a rubber eyepiece aka like the ones on the Romanian POSP scopes that act like a sun shield as your looking into a video screen. The screen is tough to see in direct sunlight so you have to use the rubber eyepiece to block out the external light.

Clarity is OK, it's like looking at the screen on your digital video camera while taking a picture. Not like looking through glass at all.

I guess I will have to post up some pics now...

Mike @ CST

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.