Ejector plunger came out

Bisbee

My Aero M5 ejector came out and locked my rifle up yesterday. How in the world can this happen with the roll pin still in place? Weird. I'll know more, after I remove the roll pin that is supposed to hold the ejector in.

Too much tolerance or the pin could be deformed in the middle But I will say that is a weird breakage.

There was no roll pin left. Where it went, I don't know. I had fired maybe 300-400 rounds over the last two years with this bolt and carrier. The last shell ejected looks fine, there was no overpressure event.
When the ejector came out it hooked crossways in the extractor groove of the cartridge being fed into the chamber, this locked the cartridge from entering the chamber. It looks to be a 1.5mm pin that I need to hold the ejector in. I am quite happy with the rifle in general. I used a Criterion hybrid stainless barrel and it is wonderfully accurate. I take her out for a few rounds, most every week.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.