egw picatinny rail

rakatak

i ordered one of these for a stevens 200. its the 20 moa base. it is rounded in the front where it bolts to the reciever but flat in the back where it bolts to the reciever. is it supposed to be flat in the back because the reciever is rounded. i ordered if from optics planet and that is the one it called for. thanks guys.

Hey Jacksinid,

i ordered it from optics planet. it was model #41202. can you tell me which one from there that I need. thanks a lot.

sorry Jackinsd

yes the gun is a 260 rem short action. i built it on a stevens 200 action. i got the rail along with some burris signature zee rings and put them on the gun. didn't think it looked right with the flat back sitting on the round reciever. i have the 0 inserts in the zee rings. took it to the range today and couldn't get it zeroed at 100 yards. it was shooting 6 to 7 feet high. had my vortex 6.5x20x44 scope bottomed all the way out. I think the flat rail is part of my problem but not all of it. you think i need to go with the 0 moa rail. thanks a lot.

hey jack, thanks for your help. you ever hear of that predicament or dealt with anything like that? had me baffled today. thanks. i see your on the savage shooter forum to by the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.