Effective Brake for 28 Nosler

nksmfamjp

I'm thinking about possibly 28 Nosler or 28 Sherman Magnum. Both will send a big 7mm bullet pretty fast.

I'd like to set it up with a tuner and brake or a tuner brake like the EC. Any thought about one vs the other? What brake will be effective on a big round like these big 28's?

I'm thinking about possibly 28 Nosler or 28 Sherman Magnum. Both will send a big 7mm bullet pretty fast.

I'd like to set it up with a tuner and brake or a tuner brake like the EC. Any thought about one vs the other? What brake will be effective on a big round like these big 28's?
Erik's tuner brake would be an excellent choice.

I've got one of Ryan Pierce's 5 port self timing muscle brakes on a 338 RUM. It seems to do the job pretty well!

However, there are quite a few good options out there including the beast brake from Muzzle Brakes and More (MBM), Hellfire/Sindwinder from Area 419, or the APA bastard line.

My only input is go SHERMAN…😁👍🏻

If your muzzle od is smaller than 0.770 ats makes a hunter tuner that weighs 3.7oz, pair that with a SRS Ti Pro3 ST brake and you're at 6oz. This brake is excellent. I'm running this combo on my 6.5prc with bartlein #4 carbon. Recoil is less than my 25 creed with the EC Tuner brake that actually weighs 1# heavier than the prc.

We run Vais Brakes on everything from 6.5's thru 338's and 35's. I know of now more effective recoil reducer short of a can.