Editing post, what am i missing?

Cornholeo

Trying to edit a post in classifieds to line out what has been sold in a multi item post. I do not see an edit button, what am I missing? Thanks in advance!

Why put a limit on this at all?
We use feedback as a tool, so when people want to use look at feedback for a user, folks editing and simply putting SOLD doesn't help anyone.

The classifieds are free to use - and highly active. We are simply trying to help people make smart decisions when they are dealing there.

@Chris when you had the previous version for editing tools, the feedback system worked like normal. even after removing posts users were still able to go in and leave positive feedback for the seller.

Correct, but future buyers were not able to see the type of transaction the seller or buyer previously had done.

I may be in the minority but I still think the ability to edit any of your ads is more beneficial as a whole and to a larger group of users. There is nothing wrong with the current feedback system. Sellers are now forced to start new threads vs keeping a large list of items running in a single post. As you said, classifieds are a busy place... and will now be even more cluttered than it otherwise was. Breaking something that didn't need "fixed"...

i have to agree with @SilverbulletMAG - classified editing tools were running smoothly the way they were in the past. everyone was still able to communicate and post good feedback for eachother. I feel if someone needs to pull comparable values it is a very easy task to do on google.

Maybe its my wrong assumption here, but it wasnt until a senior member brought up problems with another member deleting his post that we lost all these great tools.

maybe revert the old editing tools back for classifieds and leave the new update the same for all things else forum related?

just a thought - not trying to create controversy, just bringing this out to discuss. i really felt the classifieds were running smooth considering just how much things were being sold. I just cannot see how the new style of editing tools will help the forum classified section run smoothly.

but in the end, it is FREE, and i sure appreciate it!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts