EC Tuner Brake

I have this same picture posted on another thread, but here you go. Shot at 419yrds starting on setting #0 in the top left, #2 top right, #4 bottom left, #6 bottom right. Would have kept going but did not load any more ammo. That last group was 1.29". The starting group was 3.9" if I remember correctly? The POI did not change, I changed my aim point after the first group.
20211022_150621.jpg

i may just abit ****ed .i used the order sheet filed it out was about to hit pay . the recite said 6.5 and address was wrong i did not want a 6.5 i had indicated .308 my gun .284 bore . canceled that order . started over ,twice . my paypal recite says .308 with correct address and some how i received a 6.5 tuner brake and address was wrong

i may just abit ****ed .i used the order sheet filed it out was about to hit pay . the recite said 6.5 and address was wrong i did not want a 6.5 i had indicated .308 my gun .284 bore . canceled that order . started over ,twice . my paypal recite says .308 with correct address and some how i received a 6.5 tuner brake and address was wrong
Did they make it right?

I shoot both the MBM and EC Tuner. Recoil reduction for 7mm Mag from the EC is excellent! Plus you get the tuneability the others don't have. Yes the tuning works, it is real.

The MBM is on a 6.5 creed for my wife and is fantastic. Nathan makes a very fine brake. If you don't want a tuner in the brake, I highly recommend MBM.

Combine the ATS tuner w The MBM brake.

Then you get both, and superior recoil reduction.

Thats what I did. I think its a better solution for the big magnums, .300 WM, .338 Lapua Mag, etc.

For below .30 caliber and especially not magnums, the EC Tuner probably has a decent brake.

But I want the big 5 port MBM on the big boomers.

Used mine for the first time, did not shoot a before and after group that particular day. But, I got a .21 MOA group using the tuner, the best group I have ever shot with my Seekins Havoc. I did not have time to play with it much but it worked a lot quicker than my load development working up powder charges then OAL's to optimize.

Yep I like to work it both ways.

Work on coal and OCW, and get that good, then put on a Tuner w that and see if it can be improved even more.

A friend of mine has been using the Warner tuner with great success and I threw one on my 416 and dang its nice to do load development with ease. As dumb as it sounds tuners do have a place And save time and dollars in the shooting side of things.

From Warner Tool Company

so long story short its worth the investment to find a tuner or tuner brake system that fits your rifle and demands.

Cheers
osoh

Attachments

• 0DF5560F-25CA-4AFE-AE25-09CE22CA824F.png
    0DF5560F-25CA-4AFE-AE25-09CE22CA824F.png
    831.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Has anyone put Erik's EC tuner on a carbon fiber barrel?… and if so, what was the outcome?

I have a CA 300 PRC that shoots factory ammo in a "meh" group. and before taking off the factory muzzle brake I was hoping someone could give me some feedback.

I saw several folks that sell the tuner brake say it cant be or they wont install it on a CF bbl.
....CF should not have the same level of frequency distortion as steel, because its density and properties are nowhere near the sound and pressure propagation properties of steel.

So, Im not sure if youd get the same level of benefit anyway. Even so, Im sure it has some level of harmonics.

Probably ought to call an installer like Alamo Precision Rifles or MPA and ask them. They will know.

That's kind of what I was thinking as well - I just shot (no pun intended) an email to the company asking them their thoughts.