Eberlestock Destroyer V69

Wingnut

I have always been an Eberlestock fan, now they finally have a true backpacking pack. I am getting on for a MT unlimited sheep hunt this Sept., and was wondering if anyone has tried one yet? Was also wondering if the V69 is the best choice for a 10 day backpacking hunt or the larger V90? I tend to over pack so that is why I went with the V69.

I have always been an Eberlestock fan, now they finally have a true backpacking pack. I am getting on for a MT unlimited sheep hunt this Sept., and was wondering if anyone has tried one yet? Was also wondering if the V69 is the best choice for a 10 day backpacking hunt or the larger V90? I tend to over pack so that is why I went with the V69.

I had not seen that Eberlestock... looks a lot like the Mystery Ranch Longbow. I have an Eberle Blue Widow that really works well and have used the Just One Pack J34 and it worked well.

Good luck on the hunt!

Looks like an interesting pack. I'm looking forward to your review.

I get the idea of forcing yourself to pare down the load. You'll know soon enough whether you can get there (10 days) with that number of cubes. On our five-day Hell's Canyon bear hunt, I felt I had done a pretty good job of selecting compact gear plus we had two extra people along to share the load and space. The 5600 cu in pack I used was pretty full. I had some room left in the extended portion of the main compartment but I even used part of that when we came out with camp, bear and hides. For me, I'm looking more seriously at the Battleship. Let us know what you think of the pack and how the size works out. Ten days worth of food and gear is a lot.

Is Eberlestock shipping these packs yet?

Pack came in last night. First impression is very well built and designed. Looks smaller than I thought, but I will load it up and see. Pack came in three days. I love Eberlestocks service!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.