Eating crow

killahog

Here is a list of recipes I found on crowbusters.com website because I am not a very good cook I thought I would list them here so some of you other cooks could test them out and report on how it tastes.Recipes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below are some recipes that have been donated by fellow members. Feel free to try these or to experiment with your own creation. There is no reason why any recipe for dove, quail or grouse to be found in a wild game cookbook would not work just as well. Then you can decide whether to tell your guests what went into the recipe before or after they have finished. Bon Appetite!!

Summer Crow Kabobs
submitted by Gordon Krause (The CrowMaster)

Ingredients
16 pieces of crow breast meat (no bones) (8 crows)
16 pieces of green pepper
16 cherry tomatoes
8 button mushrooms
8 ears of sweet corn
1 1/2 cups of Teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup melted butter
8 kabob skewers
Preparation
Cut each piece of crow in half and place in a covered bowl with the Teriyaki sauce over night. Clean and cut each ear of corn into 3 pieces. Cook in boiling salt water for 10 minutes. Alternately put corn (3 pieces), green peppers (3 pieces) and cherry tomatoes (3) along with 4 pieces of crow meat on each skewer. Use 1 mushroom to top each skewer. Brush with melted butter and place on preheated grill for about 4 minutes. Flip, butter again and place back on grill for another 4 minutes. Repeat one last time for a total of 12 minutes or until they appear done. Serves four adults.

with steamed wild rice, generously buttered.

Sounds good to me.

meat2.jpg
[/IMG]

eatncrow1.jpg
[/IMG]

eat_crow.gif
[/IMG]

Sendero

Just for that remark, I will bring you a gift this Fall. I turns out that people are right about the rank flavor of a mature wild boar. I would say it has about the same taste as week old road killed possum, and it smells worse cooking. I got about 75 pound of it I will bring you. Then you won't be making any more jokes about spotted owls.

I managed to kill the taste with about two tablespoons of szcheuan sauce per pound. The question is how much szchuan pork can a person eat. I guess I will have to get the grinder out and make a lot of hot sausage

I'll have to find that Cowboy poem about the ole boy who is gonna go to jail for killing and eating a raven...

Judge asks him after he is sentenced "how did she taste?"

The ole boy says," kinda like spotted owl, but maybe more like bald eagle..."

LOL

I feel violated, I thought this place was for long range riflemen,and to think one of you stooped to blasting a crow at short range with a scatter gun!!!! Down right depressing. And dont try to say you plucked his head off at 3000 yds with with a long gun. I just did a visual autopsy on that breast meat and it was killed with #6 bird shot.

Sendero

Just for that remark, I will bring you a gift this Fall. I turns out that people are right about the rank flavor of a mature wild boar. I would say it has about the same taste as week old road killed possum, and it smells worse cooking. I got about 75 pound of it I will bring you. Then you won't be making any more jokes about spotted owls.

I managed to kill the taste with about two tablespoons of szcheuan sauce per pound. The question is how much szchuan pork can a person eat. I guess I will have to get the grinder out and make a lot of hot sausage
My buddy killed a large trophy boar few years ago in Ga. I told him to just kill the small females good eating. Didnt see the idea of killing a trophy to **** ugly to put on wall anyway. This guy is an excellant cook, he learned the hard way. Said he couldn't do a **** thing with this meat, wouldnt even make sausage with out a **** smell.
mike

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.