Eating Coyote

I have seen the same thing! :confused: Still eat duck anyway.. I also Eat hotdogs so picky just ain't my thing, but eating an adult Coyote.. I have just skinned too many of them nasty varmints the smell of their blood just turns my stomach. I averaged 47 dollars a coyote last season so I will keep skinning tho. If anyone else wants to eat them, I can hook you up like a tow truck. I can get a near limitless supply of coyote meat!

Have you had your veggies today? Now Broccoli has been contaminated and recalled. Looks like my odds of not getting Trig a whatever from that one bite of coyote is a lot better than you getting something from our food supply.

Enjoy your Spam and eggs for breakfast? Now they are recalling Spam. I never paid too much attention to these recalls. Now there is a new one nearly every day. What's going on?

Unless I was starving to death there is no way I would eat a coyote. The only thing that will eat a coyote is another coyote! We shot a double last winter on the edge of thick cattail slough. Couldn't find them in the dark so we went back in morning and all that was left was the bones, fur and lots of tracks. Shot another double that night from same spot!

I will just keep shooting them, and apply the rule of eating what I kill to a few other animals.

If you boys ever want to try this I will save you a few steps. You do not need a coyote. Just cut up an old used bicycle inner tube. Season and cook. Tasting is up to you. I am sure it is much like the real thing.
Too funny.. Ill take your word for it..

Think I'll pass. Song dogs are carrion eaters. Only thing good is the pelt and of late they aren't worth much. Around these parts you drop them and let them lay and their 'brothers and sisters' eat them. Case closed.

Collect enough of them an deliver to chongwangz restaurant...best on menu......cant imagine much else in there tastes any better....

I read some where about a year ago some one was wondering how a coyote would taste. Well I was always taught you eat what you shoot. So the challenge and bucket list item was on. A few days ago I shot a young female in great shape. The perfect coyote for the test. I cut out one side of the back strap. I then cleaned all the silver and connective tissue I could and cut it in small pieces. Marinaded it in butter, salt, and, pepper. Then cooked it rare in a hot iron skillet. Amazed that the flavor was very good. However, it was like eating very very tough, jerky. PS- One piece was enough. My dog would not even eat the rest.

Thanks for that info, I always wondered lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.