easy to draw/otc mule deer

zuba

Are there any areas that I should look into? I am hoping to make it out west next fall(2015), maybe 2 or 3 of us total. Is there a state or unit anybody can recommend? Not expecting any monsters but a chance at decent bucks would be awesome..

Are there any areas that I should look into? I am hoping to make it out west next fall(2015), maybe 2 or 3 of us total. Is there a state or unit anybody can recommend? Not expecting any monsters but a chance at decent bucks would be awesome..

Try Nebraska, guaranteed OTC for tags. $209 for the tag and I believe $24 or so for the habitat stamp, not bad compared to other states. The deer aren't going to be as plentiful and as large as the states like WY or MT, but they are there.

Be prepared to put a ton of miles on your boots in Nebraska. We generally hunt the Pine Ridge region, rifle season pressure has always been very tolerable compared to what we see back here in Ohio.

If you need more info just PM me, we can exchange numbers and discuss if need be.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.