Eastern Oregon Newbie Here

EASTORPRC300

Hello everyone. My name is Lee and I live in Eastern Oregon. I grew up around guns and have hunted most of my life. I have been reloading for the past 20 or so years but I haven't gotten too technical about it or serious. Things are about to change with that though as I am having a 300 PRC built and want to really fine tune things with it as well as my other guns that I load for. I have been following this forum for a few months now and have recently decided to join since I have learned a bunch from just reading posts. Now it is time to ask some of the "dumb" questions as one would say. I hope to learn a lot more from you guys in all aspects of shooting and reloading as time goes by. Thanks for all of the future help.

Ya there have been a few laughs. I will admit that even though I have been loading for a while I am pretty much self taught with minimal help from a friend or two so I am scratching my head at some of the language and acronyms that are being used.

Ya there have been a few laughs. I will admit that even though I have been loading for a while I am pretty much self taught with minimal help from a friend or two so I am scratching my head at some of the language and acronyms that are being used.
Don't be afraid - or embarrassed - to ask about any acronym that you run across. It is nearly impossible for anyone to keep up with all of the jargon in the shooting world. Never guess what someone says, especially if your face is going to be anywhere near that chamber!

I know that many of us are guilty of throwing out acronyms for things that we type sooo often that it just makes sense to have it in shorthand. I feel we do a disservice to the even moderately accomplished shooter/outdoorsman/reloader when we just assume everyone knows what we are talking about.

Don't even get me started on the issues that come out of using "leet speak" like IMHO and IIRC 😜

Welcome to the forum! Do you do much shooting these days?
I don't shoot as much as I used to but am going to get my rear in gear and get out there again. My new gun is supposed to be done in about 3 months so I will need to build a load and shoot it when done. In the meantime I will be loading a bunch and shooting my 223. More so just to get in the groove again.

welcome from SE PA, you have found the BEST hunting forum on the internet, lots of fine people here, always ready to try and answer even my dumbest questions, Good luck with your new rifle, we want PICTURES!!! LOL