Eastern Idaho Cow Moose hunt

From experience I can tell you that is usually teens emptying their magazines at running does. Or yahoos shooting baby bucks. That is all I've seen loaded on trucks and ATV's this season.

Thanks Sean. That was a good story. I can appreciate all your hard work, even if Roy cant.;) Guess you had a pretty good scout too. Enjoy your hard earned meat this winter. I'll be thinkin of ya as I eat my bologna.

Sean,

The fella I was talking to said that there were bulls bugling up there that weekend. Can't believe it. Or was it a bunch of rednecks blowing their tubes?

I've heard bugling in Idaho once all season, about 3 weeks ago in the Big Holes up Patterson Creek. The elk coming down onto the National Wildlife Refuge in Jackson are bugling still.

Well whatdayatinkofdat?

Salamanders (skinks) runnin' around outside right now???????

Coldest temp at my honey hole was 27. after the sun came up I couldn't get the weather thinger to go below 60??????

Next week I get serious........

There's still Yellow Jackets and Wasps flying around. I hope it gets cold soon. Cow elk is going to be as tough as deer has been. I was in a t-shirt by 9:00 a.m. today.

My general deer, controlled whitetail doe and general bear tags are going to make quite the tag soup if I don't get a miracle tomorrow some time. I've hiked over 400mi. since I started scouting in August. I bet I've climbed over 120,000 vertical feet. I need to step on a scale :rolleyes:.

Everyone I run into out there has the same expression and asks the same question "See anything? Man, it's hot." Then they say the same thing as we part ways, "I'm just trying to find a buck worth shooting."

I think when it hits 7:00 p.m. tomorrow I'll be relieved :(.

My afternoon grouse hunts with my dog have been great :). Got to say that.

Good luck on your cow hunt. Hope for snow!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts