East Coast Aussie

Byrnesy

I have been lurking around here for sometime now so I thought I had better do a intro.

My name is Dave and l Live around Newcastle, New South Wales on the East Coast of Australia.

I hav been hunting fo over 20 years. Over the last 5 I have mainly started to chase deer, some public lands but mainly on Private properties. I have been chasing Reds, Fallows and Sambar. Even been lucky enough to drop a Sambar on each of my two trips after them in Victoria.

I also like chasing big boars in the mountains, they tend to be a real tough and cunning animal up in the ranges.

My idea of long range is about 350 yards.

I run two Winchester Extreme Weathers, one in 270 and the other in 308. Both wear Leupold VX3 2.5-8X36, mainly for a lot of in close stuff in heavy timbered gullies.

Just recently scouted a new block and saw good numbers of big boars a great Fallow Buck and many does.

That was after a trip to Victoria getting my second Sambar, a great meat animal.

Attachments

• Sambar #2.jpg
    Sambar #2.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 90
Nice going Dave . I live in Newcastle also on the lake . You look familiar I think I may have seen you at the range maybe .

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.